Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Folks Of Interest Pete & Jake's Visit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Sep 13, 2024.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Made the 300 mile journey down to Pete & Jake's to to deliver the French FH block I just sold and some chassis parts for a project. First thing I see is this little head peeking at me out the window of Jake's yellow coupe, Jason's grandson. Jason says it's his favorite car because the horn honks. That's 4 generations there today. Jerry answering the phones, Jason helping customers, Colton packing parts for shipping. 4 generations insuring the continuation of the P&J legacy. Doesn't look like there's any opening for a buyout by HOLLEY.

NJ Don, j hansen, Rolleiflex and 39 others like this.
  2. brady1929

brady1929

Great story, thanks.

daylatedollarshort and Sharpone like this.
  3. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

They are a stand up bunch.

osage orange likes this.
  4. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Straight Up Top Shelf in the front center people

osage orange likes this.
  5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a very hospitable visit with our large TX hot rod caravan heading to BTTF. Showed us all around the shop , very happy to talk and talk, even supplied cool drinks and nibbles. Jerry Slover was fantastic to talk with. absolutely top shelf folks. Of course we all bought a bunch of souvenirs and left , fed ,watered and very happy, dreaming of all the super cool stuff in their shop and what we could build with it. IMG_3499.jpeg IMG_3498.jpeg IMG_3497.jpeg IMG_3496.jpeg IMG_3503.jpeg IMG_3493.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2024 at 4:23 AM
  6. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

What cool run. Thanks for sharing.
    You are, without doubt The Real Deal

7. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Jerry has a good sense of humor. I recently sent a friend to their shop to order some parts. It was his first time there and so he went in and introduced himself to Jerry and said I sent him. Jerry's first words to him were: " Is Larry out of prison yet?" Kind of took my friend by surprise but realized the joke and they had a laugh.

8. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

On a tight schedule I reluctantly by-passed Pete/Jakes yesterday & the week prior which I always take time for to at least say hello, & as mentioned great people that will pick up the phone & assist with an uncommon piece or part or get a question answered.

9. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Gary,
    Jerry and Jason are the best!! I have known them for what seems like forever. And yep they will continue to be a family owned business. Anyone who knows Jerry and Jason knows they are both hot rod guys to the bone! If it hadn't been for Jerry stepping up and buying Pete and Jakes when he did I doubt there would be a Pete & Jakes today. As far as Holley goes I have nothing real good to say about them these days as I think what they have done has put a real hurt on the Hot rod world. They bought out a bunch of companys and then discontinued alot of the really good parts. That is a real problem and a shitty way of doing business in my opinion. I realize this don't effect guys tuning with laptops and doing LS swaps. But if you want a 671 B&M or Weiand supercharger or some Vintage looking ET's or Rocket style wheels we are shit out of luck! this is the problem when pencil pushers are in charge instead of hot rod guys. Just my 2 cents anyhow.

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Remember what SIROD meant???

da34guy likes this.
  11. Fordors

Fordors

Doris, Pete’s mother. The car was built as a gift for his father. I remember seeing it in 1976 at the original P&J’s , it was up on a four post lift, just a roller with the fiberglass body mounted.

12. I haven't been for awhile. I wonder how Jerry's eyesight is now.

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Correct!

14. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

Rocky,
    Jerry's eyesight is no better. Just able to make out shapes and such. He told me years ago the right surgeon could have corrected the problem but too late after the initial surgery.

15. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I agree with you on all of this except ET wheels. Fortunately Holley hasn't got their mits on it.
    Scott Russell and his wife own it.
    https://www.etmags.com