Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects All The Twos: 1962 Mercury, 352cui, 2bbl, Too Many Doors.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oneball, Oct 28, 2023.

1. Pontmerc

Pontmerc
    from Finland

When properly tuned, the 2bbl 352 has quite nice acceleration, indeed.
    Feels like cup of strong tea.

Oneball likes this.
  2. Where is your distributor vacuum advance connected? If you're using ported vacuum, try switching it to full manifold vacuum and see how it responds. All this "fine tuning" should get you better fuel mileage as well. ;)

Oneball likes this.
  3. Oneball

Oneball

There’s only one vac take off on the Autolite carb which I thought was ported but at idle it pulls in vac advance so I guess I was wrong.

4. Usually, but probably not always, when a carb has more than one vacuum connection port the one mounted lowest on the carb tends to be full manifold vacuum. A port mounted up higher on the carb is usually ported vacuum, though it's easy enough to check either port with a vacuum gauge.

5. Oneball

Oneball

Gearbox is way better now. Pretty sure it’s working exactly how it should. Saves me a job crawling underneath :D

6. Oneball

Oneball

Went out of the house today to find the left rear air bag had collapsed on the OT daily so had to use the Mercury for getting around. Think I’ve found someone local who can have a look at the AC so going to try and get that booked for next week.
    LMbf99W-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg

7. Oneball

Oneball

45f here this morning, so I took the car to the AC repair place!
    IMG_1447.jpeg
    The condenser is holed along with a couple of the rubber hoses, they’re going to get some bits and then I’ll take it back.

bobss396 likes this.
  8. Oneball

Oneball

Been to Shelsley Walsh Hillclimb today, oldest motorsport venue still running.
    IMG_1499.jpeg
    IMG_1500.jpeg
    IMG_1505.jpeg

Not a huge amount of HAMB friendly stuff but I think we’re allowed Allards in Mercury format:
    IMG_1508.jpeg

And Cadillac
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg

And a pretty Ford
    IMG_1509.jpeg
    IMG_1510.jpeg

RMR&C likes this.
  9. Oneball

Oneball

New pipework, condenser and drier and we’ve got AC blowing at 39f, should keep the Mrs happy, I’ll need a jumper.
    IMG_1564.jpeg

Smokeshow, RMR&C and patsurf like this.