Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collecting parts and constant questions

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DontKillTheTodd, Sep 18, 2024 at 11:43 PM.

1. DontKillTheTodd

DontKillTheTodd
    from Fresno, CA

Hello all,

I've been lurking around here off and on for probably 6-7 years now. Scratch that, probably longer than that. I've been kicking around the idea of building a hot rod for a while now, ever since I saw the Speedway Tribute T kit. Before that, I had always associated T-Buckets with Fad T's. But life gets in the way as it tends to do and that idea got put away. I kept telling myself I should start picking up parts so that when I do have the chance, I'll have the stuff I need(or at least some of it). Well, earlier this year, I started collecting parts for real. It was slow going, mostly due to me being cheap and trying to due this on a very small "budget". But over Labor Day weekend, I fell into a really good deal on a 'glass 27 roadster body and I just couldn't pass it up. Now it seems like every time I pick something up, decide on something, or find an answer that I was looking for, 3 more pop up. So after having hung around here for way too long, here I am finally introducing myself so I can bug all of you with way more knowledge than I will ever have on this subject.

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Welcome from Wisconsin. PS fill out your location that helps alot!

3. DontKillTheTodd

DontKillTheTodd
    from Fresno, CA

I completely forgot to do that, thank you!

4. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.