Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Whats a nice dark green color

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gtokid70, May 13, 2024.

1. 2935ford

2935ford

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I say look at new cars driving down the street. lots of cool colors coming out these days

3. Rand Man

Rand Man

4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I used "Hunter Green" a number of times,on the dark side of green,and covers very well.

lothiandon1940 and osage orange like this.
  5. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I like Ford Cloud Mist Gray - #378112.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. atch

atch

7. I like Chrysler... Deep Sherwood Metallic.
    Gene.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. @gtokid70, it's been 2-1/2 months, what green color did you pick?

9. TCP Global sells paint on Ebay. Look at all the colors they have.

10. Fogger

Fogger

Lippy mentioned Cadillac Firemist Green in post #33. It looked black at night and had beautiful bright metallic highlights in daylight. I sprayed a friends '63 split window in '64 with the Firemist Green lacquer, but before I could take pictures he totaled the car. I'm still pissed, damn it!!!!

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The cut off on the Hamb is 1965. I deleted several more off topic pictures....

12. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

The Neptune Green on ‘55 Chevrolet has my vote for the best dark green ever!

13. Sisko

Sisko

Looks awesome

14. Sisko

Sisko

Looks great!!

15. CaptainComet

CaptainComet

If you want really dark there are late model colors that look black in shade and once you get them in the sunlight, it is only then that you notice they are a stunning dark green metallic. Domestic and German car brands.

16. Davesblue50

Davesblue50

1964 Chevy Bahama Green Poly. 1 year color. Beautiful with camel or tobacco color interior.

17. 29Sleeper

29Sleeper
    from SoCal

I just found this Jaded Green at Eastwood. It seems just to have pearl and not visible metallic flakes. I'm thinking of using it on our Victoria along with their Black Ice Gold Pearl for the fenders and beltline. It's getting a black Haartz cloth top.
    I generally don't like metallic paints on Model As but friends have a silver one with maroon metallic beltline and reveals that is nice - it convinced me it can be done.
    1  body Eastwood Jaded Green.jpg 1 fenders Eastwood Black Ice Gold Pearl.jpg tudor.jpg

18. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-9-25_2-52-55.png
    Thanks to @firemangordy for providing almost an exact duplicate of the 55 Chevy sedan (his own 55 sedan is also a great build) from our old high school scene and @The Moose for his outstanding version of the cool custom car during the 1960 school year memories.

Hello,

An almost 100% duplicate of the best custom hot rod in 1960 at our high school. In our sophomore year, this car “ruled” the scene. It was not the fastest car around. But, as far as customizing was concerned, everyone wanted this car for their own uses. Cruising, dates, car shows, and even going to the spectator’s side of the local Lion’s Dragstrip. Not only was the build outstanding with all USA parts and upholstery, the green paint was done locally at a So Cal custom paint shop. It was the most envied car in the whole school for several years, until the owner graduated.

If one got to sit inside in the Chevy sedan in front of the school parking area, it was a “classy” move. Most kids parked along this street and walked by the street parking area into the front of the school. If one got the first three parking spots, it was well protected from harm due to it being right in front of the English classes for all levels of the high school. So, at one time or another, everyone (including the teachers) was looking out of the windows and that kept the cars parked in the first 3 spots, relatively safe from harm.

Jnaki

Many years later, after talking to my wife about having another old 40 Ford for our granddaughter’s daily transportation to her myriad of activities, we looked at several partial builds. We thought we had some time, but it was an all day/night opportunity for our granddaughter to live with us.

We also decided that several complete builds might be the way to go. Trying to find the time to do some work, had us searching for time to build anything. We were constantly on the go with our granddaughter and her needs, we decided to get a fairly complete build for our choice.
    upload_2024-9-25_2-55-26.png
    This dark green version of a two door 1940 Ford Sedan fit our needs exactly. We were used to driving around in a 327 powered 40 Ford Sedan Delivery as 20 somethings, so, as far as aesthetics, it was a done deal. We just needed to go look at it and plunk the cash down. By time we got to the display area a few miles away, it was sold. The build, the deal for a price and the overall look did not take long for someone to have the same idea as us. Dang…!!! (327 + auto trans + full upholstery and also A/C.)

At the time green appealed to us as there were few green hot rods around So Cal. So, from a bright red 327 powered 40 Ford Sedan Delivery in our 20s to the time our granddaughter was a toddler, the contrast of Christmas was not obvious. Was it?
    upload_2024-9-25_2-56-37.png
    Note:

No, we did not get a hot rod for arriving at our granddaughter’s activities. We were given the “directive” from her mom and dad to have a larger car for our transportation. They distinctly said no hot rods… Well, what do you expect from a couple of Gen X kids? Ha! YRMV

19. Having painted a 1956 Harley-Davidson green and having the front wheel bearing lock up while riding at 75 MPH I would suggest that painting motorcycles green is definitely bad lock, when a wheel bearing locks up on a motorcycle the wheel stops turning but the forward motion causes the spokes to rip out of the rim resulting in a huge wreck and a lot of severely broken bones, 50 years later and I still have a bad limp. HRP

Balljoint and osage orange like this.
  20. earlymopar

earlymopar

More medium than dark but perfect IMO.....

Aston Martin Coupe.jpg

21. larry k

larry k

In the hot rod world , there is no such thing !!!

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the cut off is 1965 , there are NO MUSTANGS allowed on the Hamb period... and large diameter modern wheels are off topic

LOU WELLS likes this.
  23. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Sherwood Green.. 70414176_2485417578171058_4968622625635958784_o.jpg

jnaki likes this.