Register now to get rid of these ads!

"POOR BOYS"-Tampa-BBQ,Garage Hop,Cruise Night Bash-Pixs!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Apr 22, 2007.

1. AHotRod

AHotRod

The New Tampa chapter of the "POOR BOYS" Car Club had it's 1st BBQ hosted by "RoosterRatRod" (Dave) at his shop in Port Richey. We had a few HAMB's show up to join in and share the Excellant BBQ and beverages. Dave had to show-off his newly aquired 354 Hemi just to make our day:cool: ! We spent a few hours eating and BS'n, then packed up to start some garage hop'n.

Attached Files:

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

We all then headed out down the Coastal Highway 19 south to POOR BOY -Myron's (Rusted Shut-HAMB) garage to check out his projects.
    First, his hand crafted, made from scratch, Roadster...complete with Flatty power...check it out. I'll let him chime in to fill you in on the details, can't wait for you to get that bad-boy on the road.

Attached Files:

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

Sitt'n in his back yard, is a project that is so cool, and he needs to get back on it after the Roadster is finished.
    The pictures speak for them selves.....

Oh, watch out Skip !!!.....it was just dog shit :D

Attached Files:

4. AHotRod

AHotRod

And if he does'nt have enough to get to, he found this sitt'n and drug it home to build for his daughter someday....at least she will start driving in something cool and safe:)

Attached Files:

5. AHotRod

AHotRod

Speaking of Cool, here is Dave's 354 Hemi....so if you have some spare Go-Fast-Parts laying around, let Dave know!

Attached Files:

6. AHotRod

AHotRod

Then came Thursday night, and HAMB'r REJ made the trip and brought out his HA/GR that he will be racing at the HAMB Drags this year. He has put alot of time and work into getting it ready for the long trip, and delighted the nights crowd with a fire-up! :D

Damn. that ole' Chrysler slant-6 sounds gooood.

We had a great crowd that night with several HAMB'rs and "POOR BOYS" in attendence.

7. AHotRod

AHotRod

Oh...and the pictures :eek:

Attached Files:

8. AHotRod

AHotRod

POOR BOY- ED ( Elderberry-HAMB) brought out his old Purple custom .... what a beauty!

Attached Files:

9. AHotRod

AHotRod

We just have a great time together!

Attached Files:

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

Here is "POOR BOY" 'Flathead-Art's (HAMB lurker :) ) Survivor...1930 Model A Coupe...was built in 1956...parked in 1966, and found a year ago. Art drives this bad-boy everywhere....he knows how to have fun! It powered by a 1956 Chevy 265, backed up by a Zephyer 3 speed. The gentleman that owned it, which had passed away in '66, had left his club jacket on the steering wheel, and it was given to Art when he got the car.

Attached Files:

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

"POOR BOY" - Skip's Merc powered by a 500 inch Caddy and a 33 gallon gas tank :) so he can cruise all day long. This "House-of-Tractor" painted bad-boy will roll your socks up:D !

Attached Files:

12. AHotRod

AHotRod

Be sure and check out our New section on the "Poor Boys" website.
    Our Tampa member 'Big-Mike' (4T64RD -HAMB) did the honors as well as the artwork for our chapter. Awesume job Mikey!
    Click here: http://www.theoriginalpoorboys.com/tampaindex

More to come !

Attached Files:

13. Glenn,

nice to see what's going on in your part of the world......great to see that slant.....;) :D

Cheers,

Drewfus

14. hollywud

hollywud

Glenn...

Good to see the Poor Boys In action..Hope all went well...Dig all the Pictures..Keep em coming.Everything looks Great.

BTW..Did you get the voicemail I left you?

Brett....(WUUD)

15. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Another fine post from our sexy secretary.

THANKS Bud!

16. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

yet again great pictures Glenn, you do a good job of making us look presentable for the rest of the world!

17. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

Great pix and stories Glenn.
    I am going to try to make it to the Thursday night deal this week, I will be on my shovelhead if I get over there, depends on work and weather.

18. jstorm

jstorm

Looks like a great time. One of these days im gonna make it to visit all the chapters and meet everyone. Once again welcome to the Florida Boys.

19. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Thanks for the great pics and story. We really have a great group of guys here and it's amazing how fast it all came together. Between the "hot rod breakfast", the Thursday cruise night and all the other things going on around here, you could never run out of things to do. Saturdays blast up to Crystal River was a hoot too. Thanks buddy! Mike

20. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Glenn, it was nice meeting up with all the "Poor Boys". I had a blast.
    I will make plans to meet with you guys again in the near future. I'll drive one of my cars up there for the cruise.
    Have we started on the HA/GR? I know between all of you guys, you have enough parts to get a good start on one and probably finish before the HAMB drags:eek: :eek:

21. Gator

Gator

Man, looks like you guys had a good time, nice rods too. Pretty good participation for having only been together such a short time.

Nice looking iron too.

22. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

It seems as if our newest chapter is well on it's way and going strong. You've come a long way in a short time. With Glenn's organization skills and Mike's web site talent, you've made a great first impression. And your having fun too. You guys make us proud (tear stain here). :D

Looks like a good time, and I'm really digging a lot of your rides.

Best part is that when I get ready to retire and move to Flordia, I'll fit right in with the Tampa chapter. ;)

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

And I thought the Tampons were just a bunch of layabouts. Awesome pictures, I dig the purple custom way lots, is it a 54 Ford? I can't tell.

Be good Glenn see you soon.

24. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

From one Glenn to another, Cool pics Glenn!! We have heard rumors of the Florida chapter, now it looks like it's real, and thriving!!! One big get together would be great.. PBFL!!!! Sparky

25. I gotta make a Thursday night, Not this Thursday, but next if DIRTYT is able to give us his Thursday night I'll bring him up.

What is they say about the camera adding 10 lbs? I think it added 75.

26. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Robert, your dragster is way too cool. Sounded great and looks like a ton o' fun. It was a pleasure to meet ya' and hope you come back again soon. Mike

27. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Mike, I plan on doing just that. It will depend on work, but I will work it out where I can come back in the near future.
    If I can figure out what is with the rear end in the Henry J, I'd love to drive it up there one night.:eek:

28. ratrodford

ratrodford

looks good fella poor boys you guys need to come up this way sometime.....

29. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

what a blast the bbq was,it is great to get togther other than than thursday night cruise in..last saturday night was a great cruise too.robert that dragster is really cool and wish you luck at the hamb drags,wish i could go..so who is going to step up and have the next bbq,or picnic???.....its a great time to hang with all you guys..rooster

30. Gator

Gator

You guys have any 'big' shows in your area? Wouldn't mind getting a couple of our guys together and cruising down for a weekend.