Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fairlanes/galaxies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MAD-EVAN, Jun 11, 2008.

1. MAD-EVAN

MAD-EVAN

I am currently working on bringing a 1959 Galaxie Fairlane 500 back to life. It sat in a barn for more than 20 years, so I have my work cut out for me. I would like to see some pics and get some suggestions on what looks best for these cars. I can kind of see the finished product in my head, but the more I think about it the more it seems to change. So any help is much appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. greendream

greendream

Well, it really is all in opinion. Build it how you want to build it. Here is a pic of my '59 Fairlane from Hunnert last year. Since then I have shaved the antenna, got some whitewalls, and just ordered spider caps. I've got a lot to go still. If you have any questions about your car, I'm sure we can find the answer for you. Good luck on the build and keep us posted!
    -Dave

[​IMG]

3. MAD-EVAN

MAD-EVAN

Damn your ride is sweet!! Im glad to know that these cars look good lowered. Did you chop the springs or did you go another route? One question I do have is where to find the "0" on the trunk for the lock cylinder. I have seen one on e-bay, but it went for like 120 bucks. There must be somebody out there that has one for cheaper. What did you do for interior? Stock or did you do something different?

4. Kid Jeff

Kid Jeff

EVON! I know where u can find the "O" for the trunk, bend over and I'll show you! Hahaha! We have got to get that car up and running. We need some long beer drinking and working on the car weekends. We need to get that thing up and running and ready for cruising. BTW, get back to work and off of the HAMB.

5. MAD-EVAN

MAD-EVAN

Jeff, if you are checking my posts that means that you too are not working like you should be. Lets just keep this our little secret. I want to get as much done this weekend as I can.

6. greendream

greendream

Thanks! I have 3 inch blocks in the rear and bags in the front. I have seen the "0" on eGay before for wayy cheaper. I'll keep an eye out for one for you. My interior is pretty much stock still.

7. luciomduran

luciomduran

8. James66g

James66g

Mines not that old but i have some galaxie hook ups! sweet rides guys I especially love the wagon and ranchero versions of the 59!

9. James66g

James66g

10. MAD-EVAN

MAD-EVAN

Thanks for the links and such. Its good to know that there are other Fairlane/Galaxie owners out there. My project is going slow, but is going nonetheless. I just put POR-15 down on the floor and resprayed my trunk. So its getting closer. Now Im just working on the engine and trying to figure out what Im going to do with that.

11. Mine with Astros. I'm looking for stock accessory bumper guards.

[​IMG]

12. 1959Ford

1959Ford

Here a couple of pictures of my '59 Ranch Wagon. It's pretty much the same as the Fairlane, as they both share the Custom 300 chassis. I've swapped in a 472 BBF / C6, converted the rear to a parallel 4-link, lowered the chassis ~8", and channeled the body 3" (I'm just getting started on the body work). Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I'm happy to help out where I can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. James66g

James66g

MAN! That wagon is going to rule! would love to pick up a galaxie wagon and do a 2 door conversion, man I hope to be able to watch all of em come together!

14. 1959Ford

1959Ford

Thanks much. All of the '59 Ford models are awesome- cool and unique in their one-off year way. I have to admit that a Galaxie (exact year?) is in my top three choices for a next project, after I finish the Ranch wagon.

15. James66g

James66g

I was lookin at this thread and the dropped wagon again i purchased two cars from a lady that had one (59 wagon) sitten on some land next to her chicken farm I could drive out there and check if there is anything left if any of you guys are lookin for stuff on those 59s?

16. MAD-EVAN

MAD-EVAN

That wagon is going to be BAD ASS!!!!!
    Im not sure which direction Im going to go with my car, but I think Im going to repaint it the same color again. Maybe just some subtle additions and maybe a couple not so subtle ones.

17. 1959Ford

1959Ford

I appreciate the thumbs up! You have a great Galaxie. I love the two tone color combination. If you have any questions, or need a sounding board for the build, feel free to PM me. Best of luck on your project!