Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest New to Wisconsin looking for fellow rodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quandel_garage, Oct 11, 2009.

1. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

Hey guys I just moved from Dallas to Kaukauna Wi, and was seeing if there is much of a local scene. Here. I am always up for meeting people following the culture.

2. Squablow

Squablow

Kaukauna, huh? Famous for their rotten egg smell, but the paper mill hasn't been running much lately, so it's been nice. Always fun having out-of-towners trying to pronounce the name if they haven't heard it before.

Anyway, I live in Brillion and my shop is in Potter, so I'm only maybe 15 minutes away. Not much of a "scene" locally but there's some pretty cool stuff if you can travel a bit. You're a little over an hour away from Iola, which is the best swap meet in the world as far as I'm concerned, second weekend in July every year. Lots of old junkyards around with old stuff in them, but I hope you brought some solid sheetmetal with you from Texas because everything here is rotten.

Don't know if you've ever lived in Wisconsin before but be prepared for a brutal winter. Hope you have a heated garage. Curious to know what brought you to the area?

3. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

Kaukauna of all places? You poor guy....Just kidding ,this is a good area to live and there are quite a few Hambers like squablow in the area .If you survive the winter ,the summers are great, plenty to do .Welcome .....PAUL

4. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

Thanks for the welcome. I brought a 31 t and a 67 Chevy truck back both solid. You guys wouldn't know of any shops that are hiring ?

5. welcome from the milwaukee area.
    Iola rules, plan for that in July, bunch of other swaps that are not far from you through the summer. couple good car shows throughout the summer.

Wow talk about a bad time to move here...winter's coming and you left warm TX...

if you ever get to the Milwaukee area, pm me, there's usually a cold beer or whatever in the garage.

6. inkundone

inkundone

By 'whatever' he means a bunch of "used" socks

Welcome from Milwaukee

7. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

KAUKAUNA!.......
    Isn't that in Hawaii?
    Welcome from the coastal community of Milwaukee.
    Enjoy our winter.

Sincerely,
    Cheatercarl

8. dont touch the socks! just trust us on this!!:eek:

9. MoePower

MoePower
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omro, WI

Welcome to the area.

Kaukauna aint so bad, my buddy lives there. If the wind is just right you'll get the paper mill stink but its not all that often. He's usually got cold beer in the fridge too, or if you get over to Waupaca there's usually some cold ones in mine too. Welcome to the area.

Don't forget about the Symco Shakedown. Looks like its a go for next year!

10. POPSTAGE2

POPSTAGE2
    from Wisconsin

At least you're just a few minutes away from W.I.R.
    It has a nice old school IHRA track...

Welcome

11. Welcome from the western frontier (Minnesota.) There seems to be a LOT of HAMB and rod activity in Wisconsin and Minnesota. Great area for the lifestyle.

12. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

13. How would you know Jon? You haven't left Brillion at all this year. Don't listen to Squablow, he spends too many hours on the HAMB. I think it has effected his brain!

We have an awesome scene here in the Valley. We get together at least once a week somewhere. Third Thursday of every month is Garage Session up in Green Bay. Every Thursday night the Vagabonds hang out in Fond Du Lac, not to mention a million other cool things going on all the time.

There are about a dozen active HAMBers in the valley. Oldbolts73, Rob Paul, me, Krooser, Louverdude, FiddyFour, Gerg, Oshkosh Rob, and MANY more.

We actually have a cruise planned for Tomorrow Oct 17th. Meeting at the 41/ballard road park and ride and heading to a car museum then back to our local hangout for some beer and food. To end the night....WOMEN'S FLAT TRACK ROLLER DERBY!!!

Funny you bring up Hawai Carl. When I was out on Maui a few years ago, they had Kaukauna cheese in the "import" cheese section of the grocery store and I heard someone pronounce it just like it was a native brand. Had to be there, but it was pretty funny.

I own a small shop in Oshkosh.

Welcome to the HAMB and to our WI group!! Make sure you come to the Shakedown. It is like Cheaterama but without a naked CheaterCarl.