Register now to get rid of these ads!

GMC 6 info

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Hudsonator, Oct 4, 2009.

1. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from so cal

First thing.......in a light car the trans takes a lot less abuse, just don't slam shift and you don't need to side step the clutch for a good launch.

Second.......you are right about "innovation", that is what the whole thing is about.......well, that and having fun.:p

Third.......the build and first run will be worth the effort, even if there are no other cars in the class in your area.......ask Old6rodder, Toymaker or any of the other HA/GR builders on here.

Grin?? What grin?? Oh.......that one.:D I think it's permanent and I'm liking it!! YEEHAW!!:D

2. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

Hud,

Thanks for the comment.

Ron

p.s. The car is for sale.

3. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

I sincerely hope its not your health causing the sale.

I say you dump the saginaw, go with a modern Jerico or something of the like - and give the guys a hard time.

Pour out some gear swappin' whoppass on them.

Hud

4. HEY!!! don't tell him stuff like that! he gotta give the rest of the gear jammers a chance to catch up before he does something like that!

5. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

I'll probably build a gear jammer myself.

Which would mean that I'd likely never win, I'm not that good of a shifter. Some sort of functional rev-limiter will be a must for me.

Run for Fun, I reckon that's my new motto. Who knows? I might sneak up on somebody.

Hud

6. nexxussian

nexxussian

The gear jammer sounds like the fun way to go to me, it's one of the things that interest me in the class (that and it's just out and out COOL:cool:).

7. esfoder

esfoder
    from Oregon

Just found another 53 gmc ton and a half truck with a 302 in it. This one has not moved in many years but is in very good shape. This is the 4th one this year I have found by accident.Also a couple of corn binders to boot. There seems to be no shortage of iron out there if ya know where to look? If I had not already made a considerable investment in the Hudson I would be runnin one of these for sure.

Ya just gotta look in the right places. Old farms mines orchards fruit warehouses. Most of these out fits have a junk yard some where and that my friends is where the treasures are.

Dusty

8. Hudsonator

Hudsonator
    from Tennessee

I've actually discovered over the years that its EASIER to find stuff that nobody else wants, or really needs. Most of these engine types fit that description and can be had reasonably. You just have to know where to look and be patient.

Its always good to lay your hands on that stuff, good swapping fodder to fuel your main interest. I hope you go on to build the Hudson, we need one running in the fray - badly.

Hud

9. esfoder

esfoder
    from Oregon

Yep going to build the Hudson. Just working out some of the kinks with trannys and clutch attachment. Progress is slow I have a couple of other things taking up my time but it will happen. I would love to get it done so I could take it to the Hudson National in Spokane next year?

Well see

Dusty

The only problem with finding old Hudson stuff is they never made heavy duty trucks? The local places I find stuff is all old "worn out" trucks or even pickups. I know Hudson made some pickups but nothing I would consider heavy duty. one ton or ton and a half?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009