Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Belvedere

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by todd_a, Oct 26, 2009.

1. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

What does everyone think about a 1955 belvedere? I was talking to a guy about one and I think they are pretty cool and have some good potential.

Anyone know any negatives about them, or jsut general comments welcome.

Thanks!

Todd

2. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

There Nice looking cars.. theres a thread on 1955 , 1956 Plymouths and Dodges on this site.. check at the search button..

3. Art Randall

Art Randall

I've never understood why these cars haven't been more popular. - Good looking, and different. - Maybe that's a good thing. For a while, you couldn't give them away.

Cheers,
    Art R.

4. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

If you've got a moredoor version in running project condition, this still holds true. I've had mine for sale for the last few months on numerous sites and have gotten exactly one offer for trade. Wife really wants it gone and I don't have time to work on it.:(

5. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

It's a Mopar, it's got to be cool.

6. Amen brother, can I get a witness?
    :D

7. what's not to love?

[​IMG]

8. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a '56

Bobbyd

9. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

I have always loved these cars and just got the one in my Avatar. They possess all that is needed for a great fifties ride - two tone stock colors, 2 door hardtop body and overhead valve V8. Some may not like the suspension and steering but hey it was good enough for that era and still provides a decent ride today. I think a few too many "traditional" rodders try to make corvettes out of their cars with fancy suspension upgrades to a car that was never meant to handle. Engine swaps are not too difficult from what I have read and I will be doing one this winter with a mopar 360 V8 in mine. The best part is the cost as these cars are not out of reach like similar year Chevys and Fords. Happy hunting and check out the owners group listed above. When you get one and you show up at your first cruise I'll bet you will have the only one and that plenty of folks will enjoy your car.

10. yep...those 56 Mopar fins were so sexy - chevy put them on their 57's....