Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A cage / body mount ??? Need ideas and PICS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopperman, Feb 18, 2008.

1. I like Decker's sketch - similar to something I have been cooking up on a napkin. I plan to use small diameter tubing, mostly hidden by upholstery. Put cross braces under the floor, with tubing running in a 'u' around the door frame (so the hinge and latch bolts go into the cage tubing), and a Nader bar running from the top hinge to the door latch. Gotta protect my little ballerina (TIC) from the idiot soccer moms in SUVs. It probably won't be fast enough for NHRA to require a cage (at least not in it's first version).

2. Bull

Bull

Bringing this back to the top as I am looking for ideas for a 4-point rollbar for my A Tudor. I'm wanting to do a bolt in rollbar that would bolt through the floor and into the frame rails. Ideally it would have a harness bar for mounting 4-point harnesses to. The car will primarily be a street car with the occasional trip to the drag strip a couple times per year.

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy

Just to keep some ideas flowing, here's a LINK to one I did. The body has a length of 1/8" plate bent on a 90 (welded to the floor) that runs the length of the frame and provides the mounting surface. The cage is welded to that and the cage stays in the body when pulled off the frame. Bolts go through the plate down into the frame rails.