Register now to get rid of these ads!

another daily driver wrecked

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lost rodder, Apr 1, 2010.

1. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man thats some crap karma glad he s not hurt bad , hope he does a rebuild on it

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

lemme guess,he was on the cell phone!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

3. Dogfacesmitty

Dogfacesmitty

Man...that sucks. Glad your buddy's OK though. About 18 years ago, I witnessed my buddy and his original Nailhead-powered Deuce get plowed at an intersection here in Santa Rosa. Amazingly, considering how hard the impact looked, the "only" damage was the right front fender and the front suspension. John and Don were OK though. I thought they were going to flatten the two douchebags that ran the red light.

4. 7d4gto

7d4gto

must have been hit by some of that damn TEXTING!!!! put the phone down people!!!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I hate to see this and the reason is because I've been there. Tell him to stay positive and be attentive to details in regards to dealings with insurance people. While it's true that cars can and will be fixed, nothing hurts worse than going out to the garage and seeing your pride and joy wrecked.

6. JimSwann

JimSwann

We got hit broadside by a Taxi (mini van) in a Mini Cooper. The Cooper is a total loss at over 13gran, but is replaceable. The door structure and the side air bags saved my butt. Thank God I took most of the impact with my head or I may have been hurt much worse.

I would hate to have been in my old truck. 1935-36 Ford sheetmetal is rare and expensive not to mention the safety aspect. Im happy your buddy walked away.

7. bummer! looks like somebody here has parts to start its heart again. their is hope.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch, but at least it looks like the body damage was confined to the nose and hood.

I've got an NOS front axle for that car listed somewhere in the classified if he needs one. It might save him looking all over the place for one.

9. HeatherMarie

HeatherMarie
    from USA

Dude, that sucks. Sorry for the loss!

10. Onelow34

Onelow34

Another stupid ass person not paying attention and ruins someones ride. What a shame.

11. fbama73

fbama73

Your buddy's going to go through 4 stages: shock, grief, pissed off, and "Let's get this damn thing FIXED!" (pissed off lasts the longest and overlaps some of the others)

Be there for him through all four!

12. Glad your bud's still around to complain about his ride getting wrecked. The car can be rebuilt.

13. lost rodder

lost rodder

follow up on my buddy's car the guy that hit him, was in a mustang that wasn't his and had no license or insurance.....:eek:

14. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

So he's going to jail, right?

15. Chalupa55

Chalupa55
    from So-Cal

This happens to often. The first time my wife got hit the person was illegal and had no license or insurance. I don't know how they handle it in Texas, but CHP didn't do anything. I don't think he even got a ticket.

16. fbama73

fbama73

Seeing as they're in Texas, I hope that the guy who hit him dies of lead poisoning.