Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have you called APD to check if it got towed? Omni is a very populated area with lots of cameras as well. APD/Omni should be able to look at tapes and see what happened. If not a neighboring business may have got it on their videao as well....

2. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

FUCKIN THEIVES SUCK!
    BACk TO TOP!

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I doubt it will make it this way, but will keep my eye out. We seriously need to get back to making people think twice about stealing, etc. in this country. And if they don't want to think twice, make them remember why they should have.

Too late now, but my feeling is a hidden GPS source is a great idea for anything of any real value (sadly, I don't have anything like that). It won't necessarily stop a thief from taking it, but will let you know pretty quickly where it is anyway and you can at least try to get it back. I don't know much about the auto GPS things, but even just leaving a spare traceable GPS cell phone hidden somewhere might do in a no other choice pinch. Of course chancing loosing the phone too, but might give enough of a window of time to figure out where the car/truck went to.

4. high end hotels usually have security cameras. ask them to run their tapes, unless of course the security guys are in with the thief.

5. This PISSES ME OFF!! I hate thieves.

Yes, the OMNI Hotel has got to have lots of cameras. If there is nothing on tape then I would be very suspicious of their security team.

Let's find this truck. Got my eyes open in San Diego area.

6. Kingcrow

Kingcrow

Man sorry about your truck, not going to the ROUND-UP so I will keep an eye out for it this weekend up here in North Texas. I pray you fine the truck, but if not search the shit out of CL, the fuckstick might try to sell it

7. draggler

draggler

This doesnt help immediately ,,but they will get theres! If it makes thru lake dallas,denton area Ill stand on there neck till you get there! Try and enjoy the festivities as best you can . Good luck ,,stay positive !

8. In thinking about this post more and more, you said the truck was in the parking lot. Was it an open style parking lot or a garge type parking lot? i believe this hotel is all open lot, just cannot remember for sure...

9. 1959apache

1959apache

its your legal right to view those tapes and have them turned into the police. They can at least figure out if it was a flatbed. If it was a passenger car they can try to locate the plate number off of the tape.

10. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Just looking at the front of the hotel photo again. A place like that HAS TO have cameras all over the place.

11. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

HotRodEd says the hotel has NO CAMERAS. WTF?

12. chopz56

chopz56

I'll keep my eyes and ears open out here!

13. dgang26

dgang26

All of my local car club guys have responded to my email saying that they WILL keep their eyes open for your truck
    That is 26 more sets of eyeballs here in Austin looking for it
    Hope it turns up

14. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Somebody at the Roundup needs to be making announcements on the P.A. for EVERYONE there to be on the lookout. I'm sure it's nowhere near the show anymore, but just maybe......

15. vtwinpartss

vtwinpartss
    from NOR CAL

Security stopped you, so they had lot security. If they stopped you at 1:30 wouldnt they stop somebody else entering the lot

16. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

I want to say thanks to everyone for keepin there eyes open.the truck was parked in an open lot that the hotel uses for a valet area.No cameras. I normally pull the ign fuse but didn't last night.You know what they say about the one time you dont use protection.Found some busted pieses of steering column on the ground.Told the son it would be a trip to remember on the way down.Guess in a way i was right.As far as a reward i dont have much but ill do what i can if ya find the truck.Thanks again guys.

17. Jeez Mike, my heart just sank when I read this.:( I'm so sorry.

I love your truck, too. I remember passing you headin' the opposite direction as you drove out of the metro Chicago last year enroute to Viva. I didn't realize you were goin' with Mark and Gina to Austin this year.

The HAMB gets bigger everyday... let's hope that all the extra 'eyes' will spot something.

(Mike is a regular at the SW Chicago HAMB and Eggs breakfast and is one of the nicest guys around, always more than willing to go out of his way to lend a hand. This just plain sucks!)

18. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

I had yom plates on it 1951 il #1073311 and a green arrive alive plate on the front.I dont want to advocate violence but if ya catch them there all yours.If i do im goin to prison.

19. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

I know it really doesn't help much and I'm sure people are looking regardless but I will kick $50 toward a reward maybe if we can get enough you can put out some flyers as well.

20. chrislehr

chrislehr
    from Austin, TX

Will keep an eye out.

21. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

probably in Mexico by now but with that being said,Mike,I am like you,with not a lot and when we lose something like this,well,almost impossible to recover from it. I would be more than happy to kick in $50 to the reward fund for info leading to the recovery of your truck. Is there anyone else out there that would do the same thing? I know its not much but if a bunch of us kicked in then maybe...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  22. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

It also wouldn't surprise me that whomever stole it is on here looking for those who are going to these events,where they are staying,what the vehicles look like,ect. Damn shame

23. Muttley

Muttley

The only reward anyone needs is to see you smile when the truck is recovered. Heres hoping that happens soon.

24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be finding out who in the Austin area is putting AD trucks together. I'll post it on a couple of Truck boards that I am on if it hasn't been done and someone should post it on Hotrod Hotline as that draws guys from all over the car nut spectrum.

That really sucks and sure ruined what should have been a great weekend. I'd be backing the whole groups cars back in the corner and placing a couple of late model daily drivers across the path to block them in in a way that the dailys couldn't be moved easily except by the owners.

Done; posted on www.classicheartbeat.com and www.67-72chevytrucks.com

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  25. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Eyes open in Tucson area. Ya never know......

Best of luck to you

26. I'd prefer more than their teeth,but we can start there. Good luck in the search,folks.

27. 57FORD

57FORD

i checked Texas Craigslist with no luck but someone should keep an eye out there :)

28. kustom66cat

kustom66cat

both hands and a foot

29. RDO_23

RDO_23

Sorry to hear about it - that blows.

I'll follow SIXCARB's lead, I can donate $40 towards the reward kitty.

30. oneshotkustoms

oneshotkustoms
    from joliet il

Back to the top.... that Fuckin sux !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.