Register now to get rid of these ads!

pontiac motor, who has em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemi guy 53, Nov 23, 2009.

1. my dad had a 428 out of a 69 bonneville in his 71 gto. that was one strong engine, man i miss that car

2. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

So, i guess i just wasted my energy and we should all just continue to use offensive terms?

How shameful. Then again, considering the state of society today it's not suprising.

Have a nice day. (not)

3. rajcam79

rajcam79
    from S.E. MI

I have a 69 428 four bolt main, mine is .04 over with number 62 heads. Also have two 400's and a 350, Pontiac's are trouqe monsters. They are great engines. I would trade you for both of my 400's for that 428

4. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

You misinformed, PC KNOB!

Before & during WW2, in Australia, Japanese were referred to as "Nips"...a term that became non-PC around the late 70s.

First thing you notice when you actually go to Japan is that EVERYTHING is related back to the almighty "Nihon" (pronounced "Nippon").
    A Japanese person struggles to get through 3 sentences without mentioning Nippon.

They refer to themselves as 'Nipponese'...NOT Japanese.

Referring to them as 'Nips' or 'Japs' is like referring to us as Aussies...should WE be offended???

as far as DENIAL of history....did you know that Japan was the VICTIM in WW2?????
    Did you know that the "Rape of Nanking" in China was a "kind,friendly liberation" by the benevolent Asian Super race????

If you do not know these things, then you never went to school in Japan, coz THATs what they teach out of the government printed text book.

But by FAR the most offensive part of your post is......what the fuck does ANY of this have to do with the unrivalled JOY of Pontiac Engines???!!!!!

Now Im gonna go out to the carport and finnish stripping my 62 Bonneville.

MIJ

5. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

6. VERY well stated.

If someone wants opinion on the useage of a certain word, or words, start your own thread about it. In the meantime, I have go go. I am in my Pontiac and about to cut off a jap car on the hwy :).

Steve

7. Pontiacs make nice boat motors too.
    [​IMG]

This was my pet project in the mid to late 90s. 455 4 bolt block, Crower Billet rods, Ross pistons, Comp roller cam, Jackson gear drive, 670 heads. BBC Headers I modified to fit the Pontiac engine. Those were good times on the lakes in Az and the Colorado river/Havasu area.

Always towed with Pontiac power too!

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Thur-Sun April 8-11, 2010 12th annual Pontiac Heaven Phoenix www.pontiacheaven.org
    Sunday April 11, 2010 8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! Phoenix www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

8. Here is a closer pic of the 446 cu in Pontiac in the boat and of the bottom end. I also built a 14 quart water cooled oil pan for it too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steve

Thur-Sun April 8-11, 2010 12th annual Pontiac Heaven Phoenix www.pontiacheaven.org
    Sunday April 11, 2010 8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! Phoenix www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

9. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

This thing gives me a serious case of the happy's............

[​IMG]

10. pkbjamn

pkbjamn

I'm finishing making the headers for my 55 Star Chief Gasser. It has a Pontiac 400/Turbo 400 (375 technically)/$400 purchase for engine and trans. This makes it the Pontiac 400 trifecta, right?!!

11. pontiacfarmer

pontiacfarmer
    from sweden

have a 66 389 in my bonnie coupe..not done anything more then change oil each year and one set of plugs on 30000 miles...have had it 10 years now
    people told me that it wouldt last with my driving..why??
    test every spring so that the speedometer hasnt stuck over the winter
    120+ mph is a good one
    also have a 421 4brl in one of my wagon and a 421 HO in my 2+2
    all is 66....have 7 now...more to come
    regards stig

12. large-stache

large-stache

I have a '73 400 in my '62 Bonneville. It's .040 over with KB flat top Hypers, the crank is .020/.020 under, Edlebrock Perfromer, Q-Jet, Summit 2801 cam, Scorpion Roller rockers. Nothing over the top about my build, just a simple motor for a street driven car. I did "accidentally" paint it gloss black. LOL

13. 7d4gto

7d4gto

Just thought you might waana see mine [ATTACH pontiac motor.jpg ]992072[/ATTACH]

14. Master of None

Master of None

I'm running a 66 389 and turbo 400 out of a Catalina in my 37 Chevy truck. It's great for big smokey burnouts but its a little spooky when it rains!

15. 7d4gto

7d4gto

16. I'm glad to have found so much love for the Chief in here! I've got a '69 Firebird with a pretty much bone stock 350. Helluva lot of fun!

Also, I think I'm going to start looking for new friends. I want in on all these free motors!

17. miller

miller
    from New Jersey

I have a 455 with a 1966 3-2 intake,mild cam,th400 in a 31 ford p/u...I have yet to drive it but the motor sounds great....The problems I had was to make a set of headers,motor mounts,starter heat sheild and a trans mount...as far as the motor no problems..I can't wait to drive it.....Miller

18. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

I happy with my 455....
    Pontiac Slim

Attached Files:

19. Teej

Teej

It's all I've got... 326 in the Tempest, 370 in the Safari, 400 and 455 in the garage... Love 'em.

20. OldsRanch

OldsRanch

My dad was a pontiac man, how I ended up an Oldsmobile racer is kinda strange. Anyhoo, when I re-did his 53 champion b/gas (in my avatar) as a street car (per his wishes), I took out the 59 389/manual combo and did a 455 pontiac/th400 combo since one of his legs was amputated.

The 455 I used had black/burnt main bearings, and one of the main caps was cracked. I can't remember which position it was in, but at least we caught it. I found another cap, had it line-bored, and all was good. Its under-cammed, but with a 3.00 gear, 100mph comes up fast.

Even with the pump divider plate clearance closed up, it still runs warm. Those stude radiators are small, and my current twin fan setup isnt working well enough. I just junked a ford taurus and kept its fan. Those fans are amazing. 2500cfm/4000cfm dual speed units. 30Amp. When I bench tested it, thank God it wasnt upside down or it would have headed for the moon.

21. 62catalina

62catalina

My 62 Catalina, originally 389 2bbl. ,auto, built the original 389 with 4bbl. intake , edelbrock carb, summit cam and 62 date T10 4speed, took 3or 4 yrs. to find all the stick shift changeover stuff, i thought about doing it in black and gold like the Fireball-Smoky race car but i'm gonna do it the original blue maybe i'll get it finished one day

Attached Files: