Register now to get rid of these ads!

who has fenderwell headers on there tri 5 ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Jul 31, 2010.

1. lorodz

lorodz

please show me what you are using for fenderwell headers and what brand they are im trying to figure out wich ones to get also any clearance problems with front tires as far as clearance goes?.my headers are shot they leak and im tired of trying to get them straight..i have a 454 with the motor moves fowward ....thanks

2. Chec out the pics in my albums. The yellow car has custom made headers from somewhere in Minnesota. The project car 55 has Sandersons that I welded about 10" extensions onto because I like them to dump way down low, and I think they look cooler.

3. My last 55 had some very nice ones from Tubular Automotive in Rockland, Mass. 781-878-9875.

4. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

I like the ones from Patriot.... good price and good quality

5. uglydog56

uglydog56

I had a set of hookers on a small block - no clearance issues with stock ride height.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I don't have any yet :eek: Im not worthy to the Gasser Gods. Like i really give a #?*! :eek:;):p:rolleyes::D:D:D

7. lorodz

lorodz

lol
    i dont know which ones to get ..from what company..speedway hasd a set that are nice for like 210 they say they will fit but im kinda thinking about the way they are made and where they are made ...china stuff = crap as im learning the hard way..

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I know you have seen choppermans thread 55' Chevy "Gasser". He's run'n a Big Block and I think theres a pic with headers on.

9. lorodz

lorodz

you got a link to that thread

10. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

O man im a dumb ass at that stuff. I just look'd at it and theres lots of photos on page 6.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  11. lorodz

lorodz

found it i just pm'd him hopefully he geats back to me in the next day or 2 so i can order a set my car sound like shit cause the headers im running are all warped and i cant get them to seal ..

i picked up new copper gaskets today and as i am going to losen up the header bolts one snaps of in the damn head i was like wtf so i had to get a easy out which didnt work for shit ..good thing it snapped leaving a little bit to grab so i used a tiny flat head screw driver and carved a spot so i could twist it out with the flat head nothing goes right for me the 1st time ,,

12. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Dude, you replied not to long ago to chopperman, lol.

13. lorodz

lorodz

yea didnt realize it was the same thread..sometimes i post just to post ..lol

14. chop32

chop32

Have a set of old Hookers on the sbc in my '57...no problems. I originally ran a set of '62-'67 Nova fenderwells in the car, but had to move the motor forward to clear and was sure that

15. I have the Speedway BBC fenderwells on my '57. You can totally forget using the stock suspension with them. Was OK with me because I had planned on an 'axle anyway and it was the push I needed to do that and alter the wheelbase. Pic in my album.

16. chop32

chop32

Oops dozed off during the first attempt...
    I have a set of old swapmeet Hookers on the sbc in my '57...no problems. I originally ran a set of '62-'67 Nova fenderwells in the car, but had to move the motor forward so the headers would clear the firewall and still couldnt use the stock hood springs/hinges.

17. lorodz

lorodz

shit so i guess speedway headers are out of the question...damnit..

18. mrgasser396

mrgasser396
    from NEW YORK

You can use the speedway headers but have to rework the 3rd tube on the drivers side it hits the steering box the pass side goes on no problem this is on a car with side motor mounts in the stock location also the headers speedway sells are made by patroit but for the price it might be worth it

19. lorodz

lorodz

i got the speedway front motor mount plate that moves the motor fowward . i think 1 to 2 inchs ..

only clearance im worried about is the pipe hitting the tires when i turn ..other than that not really worried about anything else...

20. lorodz

lorodz

still have a arm suspension..

21. The drivers' side tire hitting the tube was the problem. Engine is as far back as I could get it, too.

22. lorodz

lorodz

so what did you do to fix it..????

23. mrgasser396

mrgasser396
    from NEW YORK

Well if you move the motor forward the tires might hit when making a turn depending on how tall the tires are . You could always try them and if they hit send them back. It will be hard to find a set of big block fender well headers for $200 most are $500 and up

24. lorodz

lorodz

yea i know, everything is expensive now ahh days

25. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

I have a set on mine! i got mine from Dale Wilch good guy! call him , hes the owner of a mail order parts, I got two sets from him! pass. side fits good, driver side rolls under a little too much! i turned the driver side over and cut a little more than half way on all 4 tubes and bolted on car. then cut some 2" exhaust pipe 1" long, then cut about half inch out so they could snap over the tube from the bottom. then pull the header out where you want it, then snap the pipe over the tubes and tack them off! pull header , weld it out! Done two sets like this! his headers are not coated!! My motor is set back about 2" against firewall !! firewall was knocked in a little! Call Dale and talk too him! his # 1-913-788-3219 part number on header # PAT-H8035 . Ask him if they will work on stock front ends! i have a straight axle! hope this will help you!

Attached Files:

26. lorodz

lorodz

just orderd long tubes from hedman headers outta summit 177.00 shipped long tubes they look like what i already have except there not bent ...i really want fenderwells but i cant afford 500 and up and speedway has a back order i need headers as of yesterday so hopefully when they get here the dont need any mods to work a ( wishfull thinking) if they do need mods i already moded the ones on the car already so i know where to mod them already...ill keep yas posted ..looks like ill be waiting another 7 days fellas
    [​IMG]

27. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

Dales fenderwell headers are $300 in your door!

28. lorodz

lorodz

cant afford 300 bucks ...

29. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

i'd have to agree with truckjunky24's suggestion. those headers he's got up e-bay look pretty great for the $. i paid 4-hundo shipped for my small block headers, those are a steal. i'd save the coin up & go for those over lame long tubes...we all know you don't even really want the long tubes.

30. mrgasser396

mrgasser396
    from NEW YORK