Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Blacktop Barons Road Block

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldmuleskinner, Apr 28, 2011.

1. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

Hey its getting to be that time again so heres the skinny on the road block. I'll add the bands in a few days. Hope to see all our friends there
    [​IMG]

6th Annual Blacktop Barons Road Block

JUNE 4TH 2011 10AM-4PM 6TH ANNUAL BLACKTOP BARONS ROADBLOCK @ LYON FARM HISTORICAL VILLAGE, 7935 RT.71 YORKVILLE, ILL

...Come spend the day with us at one of the craziest car shows in the Midwest!

The car show is open to Pre-1966 Hot Rods, Customs, Stockers, Motorcycles, Bobbers & Choppers! NO BILLET please. Live Rockabilly, Surf, and Garage bands ALL DAY! Swap/Vendor area! Crazy hand-made awards! Great raffle prizes from our sponsors! Show car entree is $20 (this covers everyone in your car), Spectator addmision in $5 per person, and kids under 12 get in FREE! ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT THE MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY ASSOCIATION!

We will again be featuring Drag Cars and memorabilia in the REMEMBERING OSWEGO DRAGSTRIP section. So if you have an old Dragster, Gasser, Altered, etc., that you would like to display in this section, or if you have any items, photos, or stories you would like to share, please contact us at blacktopbarons@yahoo.com . We would love to have you.

THE SITE: Lyon Farm is the home of the Kendall County Historical Society. The 39 acre site has a small town made up of historic buildings from the area including a general store and a train station. We hold the car show on the village green and surrounding property. The Historical Society provides food for sale. Please respect the site. Map

SWAP/VENDER AREA: If you are interested in setting up a swap meet spot or vend some other car or custom culture items, we have pleanty of room but we need to know you are coming. Swap/Vender spaces are $10. E-mail us at blacktopbarons@yahoo.com for more information or to reserve a spot.

Blacktopbarons@yahoo.com

www.blacktopbarons.com

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Always a great time!!

3. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

heres the t-shirt art
    [​IMG]

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

I 'm looking forward to it! It' always a great show!

5. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

Here's is the band line-up for the 2011 Road Block!
    THE DEVIL DOGS :CHICAGO, ILL
    These guys are high energy wild Rockabilly at its finest.
    [​IMG]

CRAZY ROCKET FUEL
    : MILWAUKEE, WI
    You won't want to miss these ladies' rockin set!
    [​IMG]

MUDDY UDDERS
    :GREEN BAY, WI
    These guys keep the tradition of the Wisconsin 50's and 60's rock n roll scene alive playing Rockabilly, Surf, Garage and Country with equal wildness.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  6. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

whats everyone bringin?

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

I don't know yet. Either the 59 or the Econo... or both if Elizabeth drives one!

8. Malarky

Malarky

Were gunna try to make it out. If we do it'll be our little guys first car show! Hes only 8 months old, but I'm pretty sure he's into hot rods. Made it out a couple years ago, its a cool show:cool: We'll be bringin' this...
    [​IMG]

9. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Cool Mercury! My boy's first car show was also the Road Block 2 years ago, at about that same age. There will be quite a few kids to play with.

11. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

looks like we have a few old gassers and a funny car that raced out at oswego dragway back in the day. its gonna be awsome!

12. Malarky

Malarky

Thanks!

Haha, thats cool. Just hope its not to hot for lil man. I had the Merc out on monday riding solo and it was pretty toasty. Im not sure yet how hot these kids can get before they over-heat, as this is my first one.

13. Solid Rock

Solid Rock

I'll be there. I am bringing the Solid Rock 1971 Mustang Mach I nostalgia funny car.
    This car raced at Oswego under the name of Ghetto Rat.
    It is the latest in a line of Solid Rock race cars that I have run since 1972. The first one was a 1962 Nova that is on the flyer for this event.
    I am honored that the Blacktop Baron's chose to use a photo of my car.
    See you Saturday.

14. uncycid

uncycid
    from Chicago

I'm gonna try and make it out with the '29 essex and '37 ford.

15. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

awsome uncyid, i cant wait to see how you can drive 2 cars;)

Rocky, i think i've seen old photos of "ghetto rat" we are realy glad to have you coming out to the show

16. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

awsome uncyid, i cant wait to see how you can drive 2 cars;)

Rocky, i think i've seen old photos of "ghetto rat" we are realy glad to have you coming out to the show

17. rebstew187

rebstew187

This looks like fun.

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

They're pretty tough, but I know what you mean. Do you know where the heat is coming from? Heater or exhaust? It will probably help alot to put a shut off valve on the heater hose to kill the flow to the cabin. I have one in my coupe and it makes a big difference. I need to put one in the wagon too.

19. Malarky

Malarky

Mabey a little of both? It was also a hot day monday.
    Thats a good idea with the shut-off valve. So just put it in-line before the heater core?

20. Cool event shirt.

21. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Gotta ? for u guys. My buddy has a nice hot rod,but it has billet valve covers. Everything else is in line,just those damn valve covers. Will you guys let him in?

22. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

not a problem fomoco. mostly to keep dubs out. tell him to bring it

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

24. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

we cant all be haters helffish :D

25. sololobo

sololobo

Shazam! what a cool band lineup, wish I could be there. Hope folks take and post pix. I really love all womens bands, Los Punk Rods usually have some gals knockin out the tunes at The Greaserama, K.C.'s premium car show event. Good luck with your event, posters rock.~sololobo~ p.s. Sweet Merc Malarky, glad to see you are cruzin it up and down the road!!

26. AngRi

AngRi

Can't believe I can't make this years BTB Road Block - again :( This awesome, awesome show is absolutely the best local show we have here in Chicago burbs. Been waiting for this the whole winter & spring - feel so bummed out...

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Aw, that sucks.

You're right though. It does remind me of the earlier days of the Pileup.

28. Malarky

Malarky

When the weather-man calls for hail, then on my plans I bail! This weather really fuckin' sucks and Im gettin' tired of it. Just a repeat of last year when it rained every time I wanted to take the car out:mad: Hope you still had a great show, but the radar don't look good.

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Looks like you wussed out early. It was sunny and mostly cloudless all day until about 3:15 when it rained for 5 minutes. People who left in the middle of that saw some hail, but I left at 3:30 and teh weather was nice again.

It was a great show... and there was even a couple of stealth bomber fly-overs!

30. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah, we left just before the rain at 3:00, but never saw any hail. It wasn't even raining that hard while we were driving. It was HOT though! Great show, Great time. The only drag is there is never enough time to talk to everyone. I'd say it was their best show to date. It was packed!