Register now to get rid of these ads!

51 Plymouth steering box....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ED DA KID, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ED DA KID

ED DA KID

Whats going on homies,

Ok i have a 51 Plymouth Cranbrook and im looking to rebuild my steering box or replace with a compatible one. The box is stock and is very loose. I want to do all my ball joints and bushings at the same time. The problem im having is finding a kit to rebuild the steering box or and one who makes replacements. Can anyone help point me in the right directions?

Ed The Kid....

2. Adrian Rollini

Adrian Rollini

Try Canter Auto Parts they have stuff for Plymouth

3. proartguy

proartguy
    from Sparks, NV

You may want to try adjusting the cross shaft - it is under a cap next to the fill plug. With the wheels off the ground center the steering gear and adjust only until play is gone. If you move the wheels side to side and the steering wheel moves up and down there are shims that may be removed to adjust the worm gear. Also those steering boxes are mounted in rubber. A replacement is available from Steele.

4. Faucet

Faucet
    from Atlanta

Andy Bernbaum's has a bunch of old mopar stuff. www.p15-d24.com main page has a vendor link to look for suppliers of a bunch of Mopar parts

5. ED DA KID

ED DA KID

Thanks for the help and the pointers.... Hope you guys have a kick ass day....