Register now to get rid of these ads!

1948 tucker on craigslist????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cowboy1, Nov 11, 2011.

1. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

2. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Sure,but it`ll cost you $6,000 up front.

3. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Convertible....Was there such a thing made or was it a custom job after they closed?

4. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good project to Chop/channel and put a monster V8 in ?? :D
    (Sorry, I usually don't post dumb ass comments, but couldn't resist on this one)
    Cheers.

5. Never seen a 'vert, OR a 2dr...
    Maybe more info on the Tucker thread???

6. Gerg

Gerg

7. Fenders

Fenders

"Principals only" ???????

Hell I'd take 2.5 million from anyone !!

8. I'm thinking Craig's list might be the wrong venue for this car..

9. Gerg

Gerg

that center headlight that turns with the wheels looking like a spotlight in the sky as you go down the road

10. well i know they didnt actually make a convertable. i remember reading about a vert. and i think someone has made body molds at one point. either body mold or this car is left over parts. either way. i want it.

11. slik

slik

this guy had this up on ebay a couple years ago with an opening bid of $1.5 million. it was on the news and everywhere. This was still not proven to be real because nobody can verify it. it was supposedly a one-off prototype, but can't be verified because no one that was around to build it or work on it is dead.

12. Teachers dont make enough

13. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

The Tucker article is interesting. I'm thinking it's somebodies creation if they won't provide the serial numbers.

Here's the pics direct incase that link disapears...

1948 TUCKER CONVERTIBLE. #1057 COMPLETELY RESTORED. WALTZ BLUE W/ TAN LEATHER INTERIOR. FRANKLIN 6 CYLINDER ENGINE. CLEAR TITLE. THE ONE AND ONLY 49 PROTOTYPE IN EXISTANCE. ONE OF THE 58 BODIES EVER MADE BY THE TUCKER CORPORATION. A REAL PIECE OF AUTOMOTIVE HISTORY. 2.5 MILLION. PRINCIPALS ONLY PLEASE. <!-- START CLTAGS -->

Attached Files:

14. This car has been up for debate for decades now. I believe the Tucker club deemed this car to be someones vivid imagination and invention. Basically a collection of actual Tucker parts and customizing and not a prototype.

15. Why Ed... you got plans on buying it! :D

16. Lazlobassett

Lazlobassett

I saw a write up in Hemmings or Old cars weekely about it. They say irt was an incomplete car in the factory, some guy got ahold of it and finished it up. it went to barrett or one of those big sales and didn't hit reserve. I think the guy that finished it paid lik a million for the incomplete car.

17. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Its a scam. The owner is in irak and the nigerian neighbor will send it after you arrange shipping.

18. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

Chief ,your killin me....lmao ! GASSER I love it !

19. Any reputable site/venue knows better... Craigs will pull in the leaser-suit lotto winner with the Jeff Bridges box set back at the pad dumb enough to buy-it for two and a half mill.

20. LOL Probably a lot to that...

21. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

A lot of Money for 1 Large Corvair.. :)...

22. There is one less Tucker in the world, it was burned to crumbs in Texas a while back.

23. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Seems suspect. Garage doesn't look impressive enough to be storing a $2.5M car in it.

24. Neither do us custodians. :D

25. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

26. billsat

billsat

This may be blasphemous, but... that thing is ugly.

27. SHELBYMAN1968

SHELBYMAN1968
    BANNED

It certainly would have to be scam for no one would try to market a car of this caliber through a venue like craig's list. That's just a given.
    Another scam unfolding is the Tucker club itself as per according to a few members of their own club have recently stated. A member wrote into the club under "Tucker Topics" under the heading, You Learned Everything You Needed To Know In Kindergarden" on September 25, 2011. He accused the club's leadership of some very intense accusations. Some other members agreed with him. Shortly thereafter, the website was shutdown and has been since. Seems everything connected with the Tucker story is been controversial from the very beginning with Preston Tucker, then the convertible and now the club itself. Will it ever end?