Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Like Big Butts: '46 Sedan project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by COOP666, Aug 1, 2010.

1. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Thanks, it looks better in photos - painted with a spraycan. We'll see how bad I ding it up putting it back in the car. C'est la vie, as the frenchies say.

2. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Tech question: I have a radio delete plate that came with the car, but it has no clips or anything on the back to attach it to the dash. Anybody know how they were attached originally? I can make something, but perhaps I'm overlooking something obvious, which happens a lot.

3. Don't know how the radio delete plate attaches but the rest of your work is looking great.
    Seeing your car makes me wish I never sold my 47 tudor-great car to cruise in.

4. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

That's what I wanted - something with a little more room. I always lusted after that flamed '46 sedan in one of the early issues of Rodders Journal - mine will be something along those lines, minus flames.

5. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

That dash is Bitchin', are you going to pinstripe it?

6. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Probably leave it just black for now.

7. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Replaced the wiper motor with an electric one from Vintique - bolted right up and had it working crazy fast - I kept thinking I forgot something! Got the dash back in the car, and didn't even scratch the paint! I needed to come home and walk the dogs, so I'll get all the guts back in tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. sawzall

sawzall

coop

if I recall correctly the radio delete slips up under the speaker grille and the bottom of the radio delete has little tabs that sit back in the hole to hold it in place... but its been awhile since I've had my 46 tudor.

9. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Looks great Coop! I wanna see it..

10. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Yep, that's what mine has - guess I'll try bending 'em out a bit so they snap the plate into the hole.

11. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Just got my plates and paperwork, maybe I'll come by and visit. I need a consult on how to go about straightening the tweaked front sheetmetal anyway.

12. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Got the dash back together, bolted on the YOM plates, and took the '46 out for a nice legal drive today. I also put on the wiper arms & blades (it was looking like rain) and discovered that I had connected the arms to the motor backwards...

13. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I was just checking out this thread and my wife walks by and casually says "Hey, Bobs old car!" I was like "Wait, how did you know that?" and she goes "The plaid seats, I love them!"... It was so hot.

That car's gonna make a great driver. It's got personality. Lookin good!

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Glad to see this back on the front burner. The dash and garnish mouldings are looking great! I haven't any "Evil Ex" stories, always got rid of them before I pulled the big trigger, but if you want to talk psychotic former girlfriends... I can keep you in stitches for hours!

15. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Love the car! I so want a 46-48

16. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Yeah, everybody loves the plaid seats, but they are falling apart! Maybe I'll replicate them when I get the car upholstered. Or maybe I'll wear a kilt when I drive.

17. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

It does drive great - a real pleasure to drive.

18. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

keep up the posts! progress looks great!

btw...if you feel like donating your spare R9 to an asipiring photog, i am always available. ;)

(went and tested an R8 and an R4 last week, the R4 is a touch small, and the R8 is fugly to behold. Guess, I am going to save for an R9 with a nice summicron.)

19. titus

titus

when my buddy owned the car he brought the seats over to my wife (stichbitch) and she took the seats apart and he had the "new" seat covers, she had to totaly rework the covers to get them to fit and warned him that the material was crappy and theyd fall apart, when i got the car i had her redo the rear seat with the black vinyl thats proably still on it, i like the plaid pattern but didnt like the material or the quality and was gonna have to redo the front seat to match th rear but never got to it.

keep up the progress it was a fun car to own and one id say i miss for sure.

20. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Yep, the back seat is still in there, probably re-do the front seat to match, then make some seat covers to protect the fresh upholstery from two crazy dogs.

21. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

NICE !
    I like it a lot...always on of my favorites....
    Good for you,
    Cheers........

22. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Went for a nice long drive today and visited Lucky at his new shop. Then, after dropping of the '46 at my shop, my Falcon wagon blew up another water pump on the way home... it never ends...

23. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Hey Coop,
    I was driving down Olive Ave. today and as I was going through the intersection I looked to the right and saw a bitchin' sedan waiting at the light. As I drove by I realized it was you but I couldn't stop because I was on the way to an appointment. Anyway, it looks really cool and I'm glad you are out driving it around!
    -Aaron

24. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Yep, that was me - what were you driving?

25. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Coop sightings everywhere :) Saw your A, Saturday at Autobooks. The 46 looks cool.

26. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

I was eating a sandwich sitting in the passenger seat of an undercover narc car. I tried to snap a pic of you, but I couldn't get my hands away from my food fast enough to grab my phone cam! I definitely was not as cool as you were!
    -Aaron

27. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Yeah, all my hot rods run great - it's the daily driver that is a piece of crap.

28. smokey3550

smokey3550
    from texas

29. COOP666

COOP666
    from Austin TX

Two old Fords with Chevy motors - run all day long. Slightly less old Ford with Ford 302 - seems to break down constantly. I'm beginning to understand that FIX OR REPAIR DAILY thing...

30. Nitrobaron

Nitrobaron

Hey Coop,
    I am the guy that rescued the old girl from a shed in northern Minnesota and sold it ot Titus, or maybe it was his buddy. They loaded up and got out of here with it so fast we didn't get a chance to talk, I didn't who it was.
    I have photos of when we pulled the car out of the shed and loaded it on the trailer. If you want I can post some later?
    I always wondered what happened to that car, it is super solid and I always had hoped the 265 stayed in it like it is. Some one swaped that in a long time ago, and it is one of the very early 265's with out a oil filter.
    It hurt like hell to sell that car but money issues at the time forced me to give it up.
    I am shocked the thing ended up in California, and I am glad someone is taking good car of her. (We usually bring CA cars back to hee!).
    If you ever decide to let it go, I'd love to bring it back to MN again!