Register now to get rid of these ads!

nailhead in pick a part junkyard in orlando FL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KY Boy, Dec 31, 2011.

1. KY Boy

KY Boy

This is just a heads up to nailhead lovers. I was in the LKQ pick a part yard in Orlando FL yesterday at the intersection of 50 and 417 and there is a complete 4 barrel nailhead in an old buick riviera. I think complete v8 engines are only 149 at this yard so if anyone needs a nailhead you should stop by.

Mods: if this post is against the rules just delete it. I helped a friend build a nailhead a few years ago and we had a hard time finding parts. Just trying to help someone that may need parts...and i HATE to see it melted down but I have no room for it in my stash.

2. JEM

JEM

I, for one, appreciate alerts like this tho this one's 3k miles out of range for me

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

how much for shipping to mass:D

4. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I think this is a cool post. It's nice to see some one trying to help out fellow h.a.m.b.ers . Good for you KY Boy!

5. I deal with LKQ here. I wonder if it can be ordered from any LKQ?

6. hot_rod_bones

hot_rod_bones
    from topeka, ks

we have an LKQ here and they wanted way too much to ship an engine from florida to kansas.

thanks for the heads up, good on you.

7. 2935ford

2935ford

There is a thread on the Ford Barn about engine shippers.....seems these are the goto guys

www.engineshipping.com/

8. Someone still has to go pull it - but if you took a day there are tons of flippable parts on a Riviera, 4 or 5 other things and you might end up with a total of zero invested even after shipping it.

9. KY Boy

KY Boy

Thanks guys. I swear if I could find someone to work for 8 bux an hour I could keep them going full time pulling stuff out of that yard and make a profit selling it online. Unfortunately I just dont have time to go to the yard and pull parts like I used to. They likely wont be open again until Tuesday but if they are open tomorow I will go get some pics because I am off work. I'm not a nailhead guy. Whats an honest price for this thing not knowing anything about it? Its HEAVY so the yard prolly wont budge on their price.

10. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Damn...i need this! Ive got a 63 Rivi with a seized motor...im in Clearwater! Ill call some of my Orlando boys to see if its a workable deal! I need it! Ide pay you for your time to pull it if you wanted?