Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Chevy paint code help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by holyroller, Jan 10, 2012.

1. holyroller

holyroller
    from KTOL

Howdy all,
    I need some help from you Gents. Im getting ready to paint scallops on my early 40s styled 1929 Model A roadster. I'm going to paint the scallops using 1934 Chevy Oxblood Red. My problem is that my paint shop cant mix it up using the codes that I gave them. I gave them a DuPont number and a "IM" number with no luck. Any help with cracking this code would be awesome! (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Thanks!
    Josiah

2. F&J

F&J

TPC Global has what you want. "tpc global" and "color library" when you google.

edit,...or is it tcp global ? I am new at being a senior citizen.. :)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  3. Go to TCP global.com ...Look in ther color library.they can match anything 1904 to present day colors .ships world wide. laquer,base clear, single stage ,whatever

4. F&J...you beet me to it.!!!:D

5. F&J

F&J

Yea, but you are older than me and yet you still remembered how to spell it correctly :D

6. what brand are you looking to get this in? if you go to a PPG distributor, they can call the color library and see if there is a formula that crosses over... hit me up if I need to do this for you, as I have their number on speed dial (I'm a platinum distributor, so I have to call them several times a day)....anything to help. Jeff

7. holyroller

holyroller
    from KTOL

Thanks everyone! Yeah I did go to their web site. I bought my paint for the body color from them. I was just trying to keep my money local this time, that's all. @ Sirleadfoot, that would be great man! Any help would be awesome. I'm using Acrylic Urethane. The only info I could get on the color is Dupont #246-50805 and Ditzler # IM1466, both of which ment nothing to my local shop. If I have to get it from TCP that's ok, like I said...just trying to support my local shop. Thanks!

8. holyroller

holyroller
    from KTOL

And Oh yeah, PPG would be fine by me!

9. will check on this for you in the morning

10. holyroller

holyroller
    from KTOL

11. talked to the library and they had no formula and no crossover to boot...which sucks. tcp looks like your best bet or a custom mix if you have a cool paint distributor that is willing to do it for you.

12. holyroller

holyroller
    from KTOL

I'll prob just have to go to TCP then. Thank you for checking on it for me!

-Josiah