Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '47 Ford Custom Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HardHeadedChri$, Jul 6, 2012.

1. HardHeadedChri$

HardHeadedChri$
    from NC

Just wanted to share my '47 Ford truck build...its been a work in progress for almost 5 years, but I am almost done. Had some help from several friends, asked a million ?'s, spent a ton of money, but I figure I better do it the way I want the first time or regret that I didn't.

Attached Files:

2. HardHeadedChri$

HardHeadedChri$
    from NC

I always wanted to have cowl steering...thanks to the "how to tech threads" I made it happen(with help/advice from several friends)!

Attached Files:

3. HardHeadedChri$

HardHeadedChri$
    from NC

More of my cowl steering set up. I used a 1974 BMW 2002 steering box. My buddy Tyler tig welded everything for me.

Attached Files:

4. HardHeadedChri$

HardHeadedChri$
    from NC

I had a 1952 Ford Flathead rebuilt(cost an arm & a leg), had 2 Holley 94's rebuilt by Go Cat Speedshop, using the 3 spd tranny hooked to a Ford 8.8 rearend. Tyler hooked up my exhaust...had to have some custom flanges made(3/4 inch thick) and some custom 2" mild steel bends.

Attached Files:

5. HardHeadedChri$

HardHeadedChri$
    from NC

Got some heart pine from my friends father-in-laws sawmill...had to plane & cut in. used some square aluminum between the wood...still need to attach to bed frame, which is all aluminum.

Attached Files:

6. kscarguy

kscarguy

Nice build. Your doing a great job.