Register now to get rid of these ads!

Advice for a paypal question - scam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olracer66, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Theres really nothing wrong with pp.. except the fees to use it.. also if the person backs out on his CC payment and the item is sent.. you have no recoarse ..

Myself.. I like paying via pp providing you have a account with them to.. Its not just a safe transaction.. But a fast one at that.. I always make sure the funds have cleared on the other end so the person has recieved it all in full.. Ive also found talking to the person on the phone and good communication is key..

If he is in a 300 mile radius of my home.. its cash only ( No checks).. if in Canada beyond 300 miles.. a postal M/o only.. international.. PP..

2. I'm still trying to figure out what "static movement" means. Sounds like a Nigerian pipe dream to me.

3. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

It's a scam!

He said words like item and asking price.. He didn't even say what he's buying and for how much. That way he can send it to you and 1000 of us without having to change anything. Don't buy into it.

4. olracer66

olracer66

Good idea. Thanks!!!

5. Model40-770

Model40-770
    from LOUISIANA

Yep, scam. Even if you do get a "notice" from paypal saying the funds have been sent if you log into paypal the money won't be there. It's just a email that looks like it came from paypal. I have seen this twice on friends selling cars so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.