Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any Hamb'rs near Sacramento interested in hosting a couple Kiwi's ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t6ford, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Hey, I'm a Kiwi looking at attending the Sacramento swap with a buddy in April . Would any local Hambr's feel like putting a couple Kiwi's up for a night ? :D ,
    Just figured it may be fun to catch up with somebody who is fairly local and may be able to point us at any other interesting car type things to check out as well .

And likewise if any U.S hamb'rs are visiting New Zealand at all it'd be great to be able to help you out with accommodation and places to see etc .

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. Plan is to Fly in to LA and do Longbeach swapmeet , then Pomona Swapmeet and then up to Sacramento Swapmeet . We've bought a neat old '55 F100 pickup that is just out of Sacramento so will drive that back to LA and then ship it home to New Zealand . Very keen to hear of any other Shops or yards we should be having a look at along the way too .

3. May have sorted somewhere to stay a night or two , still very interested in any suggestions on places to visit . Interested in any yards in the area with early parts/projects for sale or similar . Any suggestions welcome .

4. 55olds88

55olds88

Big M auto salvage is worth a look, there are a couple other yards too up that way.... i will have to do some home work for you.
    Talk to Noddy about Sparrow he is up there somewhere and I also delt with a Kiwi with a panel shop in Sac but can't look up his details unfortunatly.

5. Thanks for that info , will look up big M for sure .

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Well if you want to come visit Detroit I'd be happy to host you blokes here at the house.:cool:

7. supervert

supervert

check out socal in sac and vintage ford in rancho cordova

8. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

tognotti's in Sac is a awesome little speed shop the address 2509 Fulton Avenue, Sacramento

9. kiwiboy

kiwiboy

Cannot help but if you are near Dallas I can accommodate a couple of Kiwi's considering I'm originally from Tauranga & my brother lives in Waihi :) mmm Roundup in early April

10. Thanks for all the suggestions folks , will follow up on them for sure .

Denise , I've heard about those cookies and it would be worth the drive across the country I'm sure! Won't be this trip though . Hard case that you offered to host us , as I remember offering you and Megan Accommodation etc a few years back along with an invite to come to Beach Hop here in NZ :D . Small world eh .

Kiwiboy , who is your brother ? Ya never know we may play Banjo under the same tree! ( JK ) .... How long ago did you live in Tauranga ?

11. kiwiboy

kiwiboy

Born in Tauranga, still lots of family there - Mum still there, sisters in Te Puke, brother in Nelson. Waihi brother is a farmer (Ross Tomsett), lives on the Waihi -Whanga road just as you start climbing - oh he has no musical talent - good guy though.

12. Counting the sleeps now :D

13. No time to sleep.
    Have you posted my parts yet? .. lol

14. Hi Rod Any time you are in Aussie you are most welcome here mate. We have a spare bed for you. Make it next Feb and you can hitch a ride to the Ballarat swap meet with us. Regards Terry W....:)

15. The Bronze

The Bronze

If you're in Pomona and want some dinner post swapmeet you've got to try Coco Palms in the hills over Pomona, just up the road.
    We got nervous driving in there after 2 days on the road, all scruffy and a bit smelly, coz it looks pretty flash; valet parking is a mandatory $5 (even though I parked my own), then they found us a nice table with an amazing view out over the lights, and a cuban wedding in the courtyard below, was unforgettable. Service was amazing, food was mind blowing, prices are on one of those links, from (hazy) memory most of us did the $30 set menu. The $5 ceviche starter practically had a whole fish in it. That night was one of the highlights of our trip.
    http://www.cocopalmrestaurant.com/dinner.htm

And I assume you'll visit the Wally Parks NHRA museum as part of the swapmeet?

Man that ceviche was amazing.

16. Just found this thread .. you guys must already be in CA..
    the Sacramento Swap meet is mine..

PM and I will give you some tips... the grounds are huge and requires quite a bit of walking ....

Attached Files:

17. I just heard from Rod.

All I can say is he is buying up large.

Won't be much left in the USA after a few kiwis get buying.