Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with 64 Falcon drag car history

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65 Hemi Coronet, Jul 21, 2013.

1. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

A couple months ago I picked up this 64 Falcon Spring drag car from a couple in south west Michigan. The previous owner had passed away before completing some work on it. It appears to have a new 4 link rear suspension and framework done it it. I bought it minus engine and trans, but has 4 speed pedals and hump in it. Does anyone know anything regarding the past racing history of the car? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

3. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

4. xon

xon
    from detroit

Try the Michigan falcon club!!! They are a pretty big group with a lot of very knowledgable and totally falcon obsessed guys!!!! Start with the Detroit area chapter!! Good luck

5. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Thanks, I'll try them and see what I can find.

6. OldColt

OldColt

It has a Div 3 permanent number on it that is registered to someone at sometime. Maybe call NHRA?

7. 65COMET

65COMET

That 64 Falcon has a distinctive look,plus the NHRA number,I would think the cars history should be accessible!Good Hunting!! ROY.

8. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Thanks guys. I looked at the falcon club web site, but it appears they do not have any sort of forum. Good idea about the nhra number. I'll try and see what I can find with that. Yes, that's what I thougt, the different paint job, etc,.... figured someone might have seen the car run. From what I was told, the car has been is storage for about 10 years. Thanks again.

9. 65COMET

65COMET

You could also try The Ford Falcon Network [TFFN],it is a fairly active site and is nation wide. ROY.

10. 65 Hemi Coronet

65 Hemi Coronet
    from Florida

Thanks Roy, will try there also.