Register now to get rid of these ads!

pm trouble

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by hemihydro135, Feb 21, 2014.

1. hemihydro135

hemihydro135
    from az

New here, Been trying to pm a few different members with no response. Any help would be awesome!

2. If you sent a PM they got it,,they may or may not respond..give them time. HRP

3. hemihydro135

hemihydro135
    from az

I'm not being impatient... why would a member not respond to a pm about parts I want to buy from them in their for sale post. Weeks have gone by and the post has been bumped a few times and no response to my pm. This person does not have a email listed. I have also tryed to pm an administrator with no response. I'm just wondering if my account is not fully active or something.

4. silent rick

silent rick

did you pm them to tell them you'll take the part or did you shoot them an offer offering them half of what they're asking?

i get offers like that sometimes from people who have zero posts on the hamb. i don't know the guy, he hasn't contributed to the hamb in any way and yet he tries to lowball me. i just ignore them.

5. jesse1980

jesse1980

Well said.

6. You ain't joking! HRP

7. I always reply to a P.M. even if just to politely tell them to get bent!

8. hemihydro135

hemihydro135
    from az

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm sure its not the case. The add says that a vehicle is being parted out with a list of items, no price... so I pm the member asking prices on numerous items listed, trim, door handles etc with no response. Wondering if I could pm someone on this thread just to see if it goes through???

9. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

10. hemihydro135

hemihydro135
    from az

Got it and replyed

11. hemihydro135

hemihydro135
    from az

Working now! Thanks for the help!!

12. hemihydro135

hemihydro135
    from az

That would be nice...

13. Rules about parts for sale..they must list a price.

Send CURIOUS RASH or Rocky or even Ryan a PM and let them know the thread. HRP

14. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Why is it that one cannot send a PM with a picture?

15. In my case, I wondered the same thing. Figured out that I needed to resize the photo. Works now.

16. I send photos in PM's all the time,never has been a problem. HRP

17. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

There is no paperclip icon or attachment button on the message box when I go into the PM window

18. HRP,
    Tell us what you click on to ad a picture to a P.M.?
    Bill

19. There is 3 ways I post photos in a PM.

Most of the time I copy and paste from my photo bucket,ideal if it's more than one photos.

But if you want to send just one photo from any post you can copy and paste.

You can also use the image link. [​IMG] HRP

20. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

This is one of the most ridiculous posts here. :rolleyes: You either want to sell or not. Money is money. I don't score my customers before I sell to them.

21. silent rick

silent rick

so if i shoot you a half price offer on some hemi stuff you're trying to sell and i don't have any posts here on the hamb, you'd be ok with that?

22. I agree with the little/no posts and lowballing a offer, I wont even respond.

Other reason you may not get a response. I dont kow how it works with PMs, but on the forum, if you ignore someone, they can still see you like its normal, but you cant see them. How does that work with PMs?

If I get a guy calling dibs on something, and I get him a shipping price and he says he will take it, I give him 14 days to pay, or at a BARE minimum talk to me, then I move on to the next guy and block/ignore the flake. If he is looking in ads all the time, he might be trying to PM someone that has him blocked.

23. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

HRP, You need to walk me thru the process because its not working

I PM the contact, copy the pix from "MY PICTURES" and rt click to paste and "paste" does not show up

I go to the "icon" you show and get another window with RL in blue but still nothing with clicking paste

The setup on the message board is so much simpler to use

24. Sent you a PM trying to explain a little better with photos. HRP