Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford five window coupe 41k mile, one family owned barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by litup, May 8, 2011.

1. Yowzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

AMAZING FIND! I think this one just may be one of those VERY RARE cars that simply cannot be improved upon-in any way! It just might be perfect as is! I say just wash it, and drive it! WAYYY COOOL!

EW

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Hmmmm, shoulda had black fenders,I am also curious about which engine it has, amazing find congratulations !

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I can't believe I'm thinking that one should stay the way it is......................but that IS what I'm thinking!! Now, if you should repeat that to anyone ........I'll deny I ever said it.;)

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  5. brady1929

brady1929

6. Deuce_Eddie

Deuce_Eddie
    from Portugal

I'm with the crowd... keep it as is. You can immitate history, but you can't make it, it's priceless. That looks so damn cool as it stands, and the 5W body is neat.

I'd just recomission all the mechanical bits and drive that thing! It's begging to get back on the road!

Cheers, Eddie

7. Fenders

Fenders

Yes, that is the kind of car you don't own, you are just its custodian for the future....
    Drive it and enjoy it as is.

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'll bet $50,000 would buy it...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Amazing...just amazing

10. LOWLYDE

LOWLYDE

Love it!!

11. Might be a 4 banger as I don't see a V8 on the headlight bar.

12. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

I have never seen one that stock.....

Beautiful is all I can say..................

Except !

DING DING DING............

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HAVE A WINNER ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

13. StrickV8

StrickV8

green with envy.....nice find. nice score. glad you're leaving the body alone.

14. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Thats right.....truely a find of a lifetime nice car!!!!

15. I would sure like to see some pictures of the 4 cylinder under the hood.

Charlie Stephens

16. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

17. McFly

McFly

B Motor...check the license plate.

18. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Every Deuce lover dream is to find a Deuce that nice and unmodified.
    CONGRATULATIONS ... I am envious. :)

Keep it stock ... and under a watchful lock and key.

19. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I wouldn't touch that body with anything besides a wax rag. Put a dropped axle, reversed eyed springs, Big & Little Firestone blackwalls, and drive the hell out of it. I'd even leave the mechanical brakes with Flathead Ted's help.... Enjoy it as it is, then cash out.

20. daddio211

daddio211

I'm certainly not saying cut it up, but there was an article in R&C about 10 years ago where they took a really nice original deuce and "hot rodded" it, but NOTHING that couldn't be undone. The article was called "First, do no harm."

Being a hot rod kind of guy I'd have a tough time changing ANYTHING on that car except the miles on the odometer, but the article in R&C really gave me a new way of thinking. You CAN hot rod a car without destroying its' originality! The only modification they made to the car was drilling one hole in a cross member for an exhaust hanger for duals. Everything else was very carefully (AND RESPECTFULLY) done to not destroy the car's original character.

Again, I don't think I could do it. Just food for thought referencing a very well written article.

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Change the oil, and add gas, wash it if you think it needs it.

22. rusty bill

rusty bill

Enlarge the steering wheel picture in post #3 and you will see start on the botton on the steering column. This was the pull start lever for 4 banger 32s.

23. rusty bill

rusty bill

Oops I meant post #2 for the starter button!

24. Very cool! Is it an early or late car?

25. I hope im not stepping on any toes here but yes it is a four banger car. i saw it for sale and was a fool not to buy it. Although i didnt get into price. If you dont mind me asking what did you pay? (You dont have to answer that if you dont want)

26. That has to be the find of a lifetime (thats it you're screwed now!)

I'd leave the Kelseys on it , hell they've possibly been there 60 years already .

Drive and enjoy man .

27. I was thinking this too. I wouldn't feel guilty at all,making mechanical changes, that could easily be put back to stock. You guys are all sounding like a bunch of restorers. :rolleyes: Yes it's a beautiful example of a Model B, so don't do anything that can't be undone, but saying the value would be less hot rodded! It's a Deuce not a Deusenberg. :D It's not original if it's been repainted.

28. alchemy

alchemy

I know the restorer who built this magazine car, then sold it to the hotrodders. He wasn't all broken up about them turning it into a hot rod. As a matter of fact, he built the big Merc engine I put into a virgin '32 tudor, and he thinks it's neat.

But I do know I would be broken up to hear this green coupe got turned into a hot rod. As nice as it is, it should be left alone.

29. cruzr

cruzr

A nice purchase..........that being said i dont see anything wrong with a some early "hop up" bolt on stuff on the engine, a dropped axle,juice brakes, and some solid rims............all things that could be reversed.........

if no one ever "hot rodded" any of the cars out there, we wouldnt have this board

30. If you are looking for the original wheels put an ad in the newsleter of the local Early Ford V8 Club Chapter(s) (see earlyfordv8.org for local chapters, if I remember there are three in your general area). Email me if you would like some phone numbers as they are missing from the web site but container in the Club Roster. The good news is that the wheels are one of the few '32 parts that are still reasonably priced. It usually costs as much to ship them as to buy them. Save the Kelsey's as you may change your mind. I definitely like the car.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: May 9, 2011