Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford five window coupe 41k mile, one family owned barn find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by litup, May 8, 2011.

1. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by six pack to go [​IMG]
    Now I see the reason 32 Fords were chopped....doesnt compare to a stock 33/34 Ford!! My opinion! Stock Model A's look way better....Six pack..your avatar says it all....
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. Doesn't get much better than that, Good for you!!

3. Deu55

Deu55

That car is sweet all the best with your plans with it ...Rod

4. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

GOOGLORD--thats amazing!!

5. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

i like it just the way it is. its gorgeous. thanks for preserving it; dont listen to the people who claim you should hack it up. Some things are just better left alone. That right there is a running, driving peice of history. good for you!

6. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

beautiful car! don't change a thing

7. litup

litup
    from Cardiff,CA

8. S.F.

S.F.

I'd channel it, kidding....nice coupe

9. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Wow, that's a find of a lifetime!!!

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

A Sweet 4cylinder B Ford 5W Coupe! Enjoy it forever!

11. 39Truck

39Truck
    from Sweden

12. 8dearborns

8dearborns

Nice find. I would just like to point out a few things so the young guys might learn something. First, that's a 90 MPH V-8 speedometer in the car. If it was original , since the car is a four cylinder, it would be 80 MPH. So it's really not 41,000 miles on the car. The 20 amp original gauge has been replaced with a later replacement 30 amp gauge. It's not a repaint. It's a different paint job.
    all 32 Fords had black fenders, etc. If green, the car's body would be Brewster green medium (a dark green) with moldings in Brewster Green Light, and the pinstripes would be Silver Grey. The wheels would be Apple Green. The dash and garnish moldings were Walnut woodgrained. The upholstery has been replaced. On and on. It's nice old car that's be "redone" by someone probably many years ago. A car is only Original the first time around, not the second or third. Regards.

13. trad27

trad27

It is a damn nice car any way you put it. So what are you trying to say? Your right might as well chop it paint it flat black and put a hemi in it. Not that there is anything wrong with a duece with a hemi:D

14. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

Not bad for fifty bucks.......er maybe $500 ?

15. One minor correction. You should have said "since the car is an early four cylinder (you can tell that from the depth of the indention in the firewall assuming it hasn't been replaced, see post #72), it would be 80 MPH". Later four cylinders used the 90 MPH speedometer.

Charlie Stephens

16. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

I don't smoke anything, never had, never will! My opinion...sorry I upset some 32 guys...they look better chopped....and in no way shape or form does a STOCK 32 look better than a stock 33/34! Just because Ford produced less 32's doesn't mean they looked better...MY OPINION...hence my owning of a 34!

17. thequietwon

thequietwon

Already on the auction site...item #110687574576.

18. daddio211

daddio211

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Of course it is. The difference between the buying price and the potential selling price can override many a love affair with a car you've owned for 30 minutes.

20. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

Well, you can pretty much guarantee the next owner of this car is going to cut it up. Somebody with deep pockets... Should just take it to the next Barrett Jackson. To each their own I guess

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well of course it is, when I first saw this, I thought here we go, wonder how long before it's on e-bay.

Why is it that when someone finds something like this they can't hold onto it and love it for what it is.

I honestly think it's just they get overwhelmed with the potential $$.
    No real car lover would let this one go for any price.

Well, screw all that crap, if I had it you'd have to wait till you planted me to get it. :D

22. daddio211

daddio211

I was hoping litup was going to keep it and love it forever, handing it down to his kids. That said, let's not bad-mouth him for what he decides to do with HIS car. I'm guessing he saw an opportunity to make some money and jumped on it. Good for him.

We don't know litup's personal situation or reasoning. He may not even like '32 Fords. Anyone willing to bitch about what's going to happen should start bidding!

23. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Nice car, Amazing how many 32 experts we have here who know every detail about how these cars were built.....When chances are None of them were there on that line in 1932, Because even if they were I do not know I would trust their memory anyhow....So Don't listen to these so called experts As all they know is what they read from the same misprinted book that was writen several years after these cars were built....I mean come on!!...am I to believe that if the plant ran out of 80 mph speedometers that day. Henry Ford would just shut down production rather than put in the 90 mph ones that were on hand......Sorry but I will never buy that story As everything I learned about henry ford was he did not waste anything....I have already been down this road with some so called ford experts, My original 32 5 window has a model A head and water pump on it, And My car came from the family who had owned it since new as well, Only 33K miles showing on the speedometer And Before walt died he always claimed that the head and water pump was original to the car...But if you ask the experts who wern't there They say NO way!!.....bottom line is this...I do not know 100 % for sure weather it is original or not, But at least I am not claiming I know everything about what went on in a ford motor plant I have never even stepped foot in....just my 2 cents

24. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

a hotrod is worth more than a stocker nowadays (if not butchered). put a dropped axle under the front, a QC in the rear and some big and littles on the wires and call it good. OK maybe a intake and two carbs..

25. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Already on Ebay. Not surprised. Also, can't blame him. Luckily that car is so nice that whoever ponies up to get it is going to be playing with big boy money, and I'm sure whoever it is with that much money will also have the sense to keep it the way it is.

Hope he makes a bundle of money and it goes to a great home.

26. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

break-torque that thing and upload the video. ;)

when the auction is over, tell us what you paid for it.

27. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

agreed , some things should be left alone. nice score.

28. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Its on Ebay now??...why post it here first as a barn find? The HAMB is being infiltraded by inside traders!! Free advertisement......

29. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

At least he stopped in here first to show us. Better to have seen and sold than never to have seen at all. Even if my intention was to sell a cool garage/barn find I would still stop in here to show you guys if I thought it was interesting and relevant to the forum.

I don't mind that anyone sells their car and I don't mind if they show it to us. It's cool regardless of if he sells it or not. I'm not sure I understand the heat directed at sellers who show us what they found. I know I'd rather sell it to a H.A.M.B.er than anyone else but in the end, at least we got to see it. Not sure many of you will agree with me but I'm grateful for that.

30. The bidding is already way above my head and probably over many other H.A.M.B.ers and the reserve isn't met either. Nice car, it would probably be worth it if it were completely original, including the paint.
    To me it looks like the seller is just trying to make a quick buck. I bet he got it for a steal from the PO.