Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Chevy Gasser/Drag car

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Woody94, May 7, 2020.

1. Woody94

Woody94
    from Holly, MI

City: Holly

State: Michigan
    Price: 9,900
    **SOLD**

1955 Chevy Gasser/drag car.

Here’s the deal. This car was build as a drag car in the late 70’s. Raced at Lapeer drag way. It’s built up as a sort of gasser, only with a bit more modern drivetrain, and no straight axle.

It’s definitely function over form, but a pretty cool piece. I picked it up years ago with the idea of turing it into more of a street car(ala Two lane style) but I’m building a new shop and could really use some funds to finish up.

Here’s the good:
    496 Stroker, Eagle forged rotating assembly, Aluminum GM oval port performance heads, Quickfuel 950 carb.
    Built T400, trans brake.
    TCI 8” Torque converter, 3500 stall
    12 Bolt rear
    Fiberglass hood/doors/trunk
    Full cage
    Fuel cell
    MSD
    Front disc conversion
    Have 2 different sets of wheels depending. Have the Centerlines with Skinny’s/slicks, or the Daisy’s with street tires(new rears)
    Ect, ect....Plenty more, I can chat with anyone interested.

The bad:

It’s kinda rough in some ways, but it was a
    Race car for 30 years and I tried to preserve it in that fashion. The floors were previously patched, functional but not great.
    Headlights are not wired up. Now the other bad. Last time I drove it, it wiped out the distributor gear. Bought a gear, but pretty sure the cam gear is worn as well. Put it away for a rainy day, but with everything going on, wouldn’t be a bad idea to move it, if anyone wanted a cool nostalgic 55.

I’ll try some pics, but can take plenty more.

Woody View attachment 4675923

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  2. Woody94

Woody94
    from Holly, MI