Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features '32 Winterfront grille $9,400+++?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by RoadFarmer, Nov 27, 2011.

1. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

Cable operated?

Too many cars, so little time!

2. bonesy

bonesy

I think they are cool.

My problem is that I can't afford it today at $10k, or in five years from now at $15k.

3. LTM75110

LTM75110

4. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

19 bids and reserve not met????? Fishing for a sucker....................fish.

5. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

Yep. I smell a shill.

6. Big difference between negative and truthful. The reason the market value is so high was due to very well off under-educated bidding a couple years ago and now we all pay the price. $9400.00 and reserve is not met qualifies as greed in my book. Guess my pockets are way too shallow and I'm out of touch, again.

7. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

Thanks Big Deuce. That is a cool looking insert. I sure would like to find one of those buried in someones pile of junk.

8. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

One sold at LARS last Fathers Day for $10K.To own one or have owned one gives you bragging rights also.

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

If I had found one I would be selling too, hopefully for a nice chunk o' change.

That stuff is neat, but more neat on someone else's fantasy of what a hot rod should be. Same with E&J headlights and Kinmont brakes.

10. 117harv

117harv

And 10 grand for a SCoT blower:rolleyes::eek:

11. Joe King

Joe King

they can't be that hard to find, I saw one 20 years ago in an attic and I know it's still there

12. cruzr

cruzr

wonder if anyone has ever chopped a Winters Grill???

13. VonKool13

VonKool13

Wow you could buy a damn nice 5 window stock model A for that and have something cool to turn into a really nice early hop up!

14. erlomd

erlomd

daaaammmmnnn!!! saw one on the blue roadster that won a best of award at the good guys show in scottsdale...amazing looking roadster and a bad ass grill...but seriously can't fathom why you would pay that much for a grill...hell, you can get a steel body 32 for that price...and 2 roadsters is better than one with a cool looking grill anyway...

I guess its the supply/demand thing, the coolness factor (or in this case heat factor)...i understand where this is going but I agree with most of you guys on this...leave as is and not repop them...some things are better left rare and pricy than affordable and available

hey I just bought a set of those fog lights on the pic below...hopefully they go up in value too..lol

[​IMG]

15. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Lets go Goonies never say die

16. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

beautifully ridiculous. maybe i'll find one on trash day or at the thrift store.

17. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Bitch bitch bitch lol then a body sells for 28k................:eek:

18. Heo2

Heo2

Lucky me that find them ugly with that price

19. fuzzface

fuzzface

For that kind of money, i would hand deliver it instead of trusting ups with it. My luck with them isn't good.

I was expecting only a couple of bidders and not that many different bidders but it did start at a buck, but still 4 different bidders after it hit $7,000.00

20. fuzzface

fuzzface

Just think, it still has 6 and a half days to go yet. Lots of bidding time.

21. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Greed? Greed is good. :) Based on what others have sold for recently, it sounds like it will sell at market value. Remind me, how much does it cost to buy a 32 3 window coupe body these days?

22. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

They look cool, but not $10,000 cool.

23. outlaw256

outlaw256

well im about as blue collar as you can get.aint no way on gods green earth that i would give that kinda money for a grill. i dont care if it walked and talked.but this gives me a kind of insight to why kids today drive imports.besides old rusty bodies going for more than i payed for my house and land, parts to build these old rusty cars has gone way out of range for me.i hope he gets what he wants for it.if i had one i quess i would try to get all i could.i quess i still think of dollars in the 60s value range. like when a 100. was a 100. and that was aLOT.

24. jipp

jipp

heh.. i really need that grill.. it gets so cold in az during winter.. i mean i may as well be a damn Eskimo.. :( laughs.. i remember the first time i saw this style of winter accessory.. was on the flathead movie.. was very cool.. i think he paid 7k? for it.. guess he made a wise investment.. as he has made a few buckso n his purchase since the movie came out eh..
    chris.

25. If it was yours and for sale, I'm guessing you would see it a smidgen differently. I'd bet again that you wouldnt call the high bidder and let him know, its good where hes at, no need to go higher because you are not greedy and will let him have it. just saying.

26. That's the sad part, it's all about money now. Glad I got into this when it was more about friends and cars. I'm just saying that's it stuff like this that will put this out of reach for the next generation. Hope the guy breaks the bank and scores $15,000.00 for the thing, just wondering how this helps the hobby in the long run , that's all.

27. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I never liked the Pines "camel toe" look for a 32 because it makes the car look unlike a 32 Ford. Looks more like Packard grille bars shoved in there. Not a Ford look. Same goes for the Pines 34 grille.

Like E & J headlights, etc., someone will end up repopping them, then the novelty will wear thin when they start showing up in numbers on Hot Rods.

28. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

The grille on the Blue roadster from Scottsdale was according to a magazine article a repro made by one of the grille companies. I've had 2 winterfronts and when I listed my last one on here for 9K I took a little gas over the price, but I don't have it any more! Supply and demand???

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  29. Bought one for $250 at Bennington Vt. swap meet about 11 years ago. Sold it for $1,500 and had a guy tell me I was crazy asking that much and I would never get $1,500. I should have kept it. Better investment than an IRA. If they do repop them then the market falls. Just like 25 louver hoods. I see many for 2 & 3,000 but no one is buying. When you can get new metal for $800. That's a nice repop.

30. WDobos

WDobos

If you want to be set apart from the masses,quit driving those bell button Fords!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!