Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Allen Equipment Signograph or Sun Distributor Timing Fixture

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by carmuts, Sep 14, 2013.

1. carmuts

carmuts

I was curious if anyone know if this is flathead distributor fixture is from an Allen Equipment Signograph or Sun Distributor manchine? Since I have neither and I sold the Allen Signograph manual I had before I stumbled onto this I have no way of telling. Thanks Rod

Attached Files:

2. carmuts

carmuts

Not sure why this was moved as the fixture is for pre 1948 flatheads, which is obvious. Thanks for putting it where it is less likely to get someone knowledgable about these. Rod

3. oj

oj

I've never seen an Allen fixture but i don't think it is a Sun fixture, the Sun piece has a special dowel that locates it into a receiver hole on one arm of the machine, that way you can set the timing on the machine.
    I don't remember a timing tag on it either because you used the machines timing wheel.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  4. carmuts

carmuts

Thanks oj, likely you are right. I have not spent any time around either. Thankfully this is still showing up in the General discussions and may not matter if it shows up where the moderatores moved it. Just where it laded there seems to be the place where it more likely to be viewed by the SBC , Y-block and Hemi crowd who chucked the flathead as soon as they could. Rod

5. Fenders

Fenders

Well it's not a car, it's not a part of a car, so I think the mods got it right.

6. I'm going to guess Allen Syncrograph. The fixture looks like it will clamp on support and then hold dist.

Attached Files:

7. carmuts

carmuts

Thanks. I also appriciate the correction of spelling as i was able to find alittle more that may confirm this. Rod

8. with you CARMUTS....all this moving around is making me dizzy....

9. carmuts

carmuts

Wow, now its back where it belongs. I was getting abit confused with it being stuck in with the longroofs, taildraggers and fender skirts. Thanks moderators. Rod