Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Australia Trip with Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guthriesmith, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Actually, Barbie in the recent film is Australian...and smokin'. :D

alanp561 and guthriesmith like this.
  2. Lol…awake now at 2 am so just trying to get my days and nights back straight again. :D

I actually didn’t get to see any of the native Australian animals other than one kangaroo hit on the side of the road. And, I might have seen a couple of the human versions of a wombat now that you give that definition. ;)

3. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Uh... Yeah:D There is a message there.
    Thanks for all Y'all do so well:cool:

guthriesmith likes this.
  4. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

I enjoyed all picts and stories about your trip. Thanks

guthriesmith likes this.
  5. One last pic…maybe. :rolleyes:

Anyway, this is the new wall art I smuggled home to put up on the wall next to some other old plates to help me remember the trip. :D

IMG_8686.jpeg

6. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh, I'm pretty sure you're gonna remember that trip until somebody slaps you in the face with a shovel. ;)

7. 05snopro440

05snopro440

How do you apply for that job? :D;)

SS327, hrm2k and guthriesmith like this.
  8. There is already a big line… :eek::D

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Did you come home to a new 59 something or other in the driveway?

guthriesmith and 05snopro440 like this.
  10. No, the pink car sold ironically enough to someone up in St. Louis that Clay Vance and @drdave know. I think that one is the main one he wanted. But, we really haven’t talked much since I got home.

Okie Pete, hrm2k and Tim like this.
  11. noboD

noboD

So are you talking like an Aussie or an Okie?

guthriesmith likes this.
  12. Aussie words with an Okie accent likely. :eek: Funnily enough (new Aussie phrase), my mates down under quickly identify me as a foreigner as soon as I open my mouth. :D

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Houston TX

I speak respectable okka after living there for four years, I only had to break it out once in a while to be understood by the boganry.

I have some WA plates myself.

Outback and guthriesmith like this.
  14. IMG_20231120_175822.jpg
    Yes, your roadster really is amazing, i even have it in a Calender that my friend Brook from down under sent me :) Cheers, Carsten

15. Jeff, awesome trip, thanks a lot that we are your guests on the screen :):):)

16. hrm2k

hrm2k

When I came home ( Baltimore ) from Australia, it took me 2 weeks to get back to my old schedule……..but so damn worth it

Tow Truck Tom and guthriesmith like this.
  17. Ozzies come up with things like "didjabringyatinnies" Meanwhile we get stuck with "meh" and "'sup?". I think we're doing it wrong.
    :rolleyes: :confused:

SS327, saltflats, Outback and 3 others like this.
  18. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are applying for the position of "Southern Dragline Operator". You will need to be able to speak and write fluent Southern American English. Send me $15.00, U.S Currency and you will be put on a waiting list. If you are found to be unqualified for the position, the fee is non-refundable. ;)

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I enjoyed your thread. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us.

20. hudson48

hudson48

Wow that calendar is a time warp. That was done to raise funds for a young child who I think contracted meningitis and was severley disabled from it. That was set up with one of our car freinds who attends all the meets as a cop and with his Fairlane cop car. The back story is it is to appear as if he has pulled me over and the spunky girls walk by and that gets the attention of both of us. And they did!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    Outback, hrm2k, 40two and 4 others like this.
  21. I’ll line up a WA plate for you, I’ll message you when I need an address.
    Glad you had a great time.

22. i really enjoyed each month of that, Brook and me send sometimes a cars-and-friends-calender around the globe, we (as i lived my last time in Germany) did the same, just us and our cars, no pinups or stuff. was cool to do, we really had fun. some euro cars, so no fit here. but maybe my pic, theme was moving to Sweden like i did shortly after shooting. flyttningmod.jpg

Jeff, sorry for having abused your thread. I'm quiet now, i promise. someday i make a trip to Australia, i promise.

Outback, hrm2k and guthriesmith like this.
  23. Haha! No problem. Next time I get to Sweden, I need to do similar to what I did in Australia. I know there are lots of cool cars there too. Two of my previous cars are even there. :D

24. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

@guthriesmith glad you had a great trip down here, I some how missed this thread,
    Did you catch any of the "Rod Squad" mob at Yamba? They usually go, & are a great bunch

alanp561, hrm2k and guthriesmith like this.
  25. Hey Glenn! Yea, pretty sure I came across some Rod Squad folks. I don’t remember for sure but think I saw something that said that like maybe a jacket, shirt, or something. Sorry I wasn’t able to get to meet with you while so close.

alanp561, hrm2k and Outback like this.
  26. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

All good, maybe when you come back for a holiday & Road trip :D
    Looks like your time was filled up easily enough :)

saltflats and guthriesmith like this.
  27. hrm2k

hrm2k

@guthriesmith , you answered the vegemite question . Did you at least try Bundy and cola ? Even if you’re not a drinker, it is really good. Inquiring minds want to know :rolleyes:

guthriesmith likes this.
  28. hudson48

hudson48

Needs to be Bundy and Coke not Cola.

hrm2k, Lil32 and guthriesmith like this.

29. Nope…didn’t try that. :oops: Did try a few of the local beers as well as one Mexican beer with Oggie.

IMG_9348.jpeg

mgtstumpy, 40two, CSPIDY and 5 others like this.
  30. Lil32

Lil32

yes I spoke to Graham,Chucky and Rod from the Rod Squad
    Noel

Outback and guthriesmith like this.