Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Australia Trip with Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guthriesmith, Nov 3, 2023.

1. twenty8

twenty8

If you walked up to the bar and ordered a Bundy and "cola" you might be told to go and drink it in the ladies lounge...:p

And here's a test for those who dare.....
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    RDR, mgtstumpy, Okie Pete and 4 others like this.
  2. ^Some of those are old school 'traditional' speak, not necessarily in common usage today. That may vary depending on age and location.

mgtstumpy, Okie Pete, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  3. Yeah, you are more than welcome here! Which of your cars made it here?

guthriesmith likes this.
  4. One more thing that I guess I brought home to remember the trip. The ladies at the desk selling the shirts knew right off that I wasn’t from the area when I started asking about the shirts. Anyway, the long sleeves came in handy later in the evening when it cooled off since I wasn’t smart enough to take a jacket or jumper (Aussie for hoodie) with me down to Yamba. :oops:

IMG_8707.jpeg IMG_8708.jpeg

OzMerc39, RDR, Lil32 and 7 others like this.
  5. Rand Man

Rand Man

Can anyone help me find a telephone number for a business in Sydney, Australia? Maybe there is still such a thing as directory assistance, but I can’t seem to find it.

6. Sent you a pm.

7. Rand Man,
    What is the business called.
    Al.

guthriesmith and X38 like this.
  8. 61Cruiser

61Cruiser

I’m just south of Sydney. Who you looking for?

guthriesmith likes this.
  9. Had to make one more post after @Barrelnose pickup sent me a number plate from WA! And, had to go mount them all on the shop wall after getting that in the mail!

IMG_8885.jpeg IMG_8886.jpeg

10. Guthrie

A seriously cool trip and thanks for sharing it mate. Pity we were not able to catch up... The car scene where I am is reasonable... I would say that HAMB friendly cars and clubs in this area are few and far between. We try to do our bit here. When I need a fix I visit a good mate of mine on the Gold Coast as he and his family are well into their traditional style rodding with Reliability Runs (pre-40) and Rattletrap which has beach racing as a feature.

Should you ever venture this way again... happy to extend Rodding hospitality... Maybe a bit of a garage crawl ... hang out, a cruising night and a tour of the Motor Pool ... if the planets align..

20230530_155024.jpg

40two, Copper Top, j hansen and 5 others like this.