Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Australia Trip with Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guthriesmith, Nov 3, 2023.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Houston TX

My Galaxie went to Oz, I wonder whatever happened to it? IMG_5766.jpeg

2. Appears that I can get a rental car cheap enough and drive myself there and back. So, that is at least my plan for now unless someone gets back with me soon on offering me a ride south.

Edit: Heard back from the contact for the show and he doesn’t know of anyone making a day trip headed that route. So, I will have to report back on what it was like driving as part of the show coverage. :D

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  3. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Why in the hell would you water down a good shot of espresso!?!?!?!?!

5. Because that's the closest we can make to a drip filter coffee like you guys (and Canadians) have. Like I say, they do the same in Europe to cater to American tourists (who don't like to eat like locals.)

Starbucks failed in this country (CNBC even made a program about it.) Hello? If they had have visited here they would have realised that this country already had a long established coffee culture, would have saved themselves a lot of money and embarrassment.

6. Starbucks should fail everywhere. Been drinking finely brewed coffee since the early 90s myself. mainly brewed at home after our coffee house fad died in the mid 90s.

7. Kinda roughing it for this weekend. I see why the guys thought I was a bit crazy for wanting to go see a bunch of old cars. But, I plan to be in Yamba in the morning.

Pic from the hotel balcony.

IMG_8131.jpeg

8. That would be Surfer's Paradise going by the hotel names.

chryslerfan55, hrm2k and guthriesmith like this.
  9. Yep

IMG_8132.jpeg

10. deadbeat

deadbeat

Its not that we dont like each other,its usually a ball game thing, rivalry I guess.
    The reason you wont see too many cars (H A M B) is because each state and territory have funny rules as to when they can drive them, Maybe it has changed now. It was always an expensive hobby to get into, as I called it the sport of kings. Yamba ,Valla and other events is when they all get together. I am born and bred over there and have been living in NZ since 94 and we have better looking Hot Rods, lol.
    @guthriesmith , stay safe over there on the roads, Aussies cant drive all that well either,lol

Outback, Baumi, R A Wrench and 6 others like this.
  11. twenty8

twenty8

Yamba is a real nice little place too, especially when it is full of rods.......;)

12. Yea, I’m ready to hang out with some of “my people” too. I have found that hot rod guys speak the same language all over the world. :D

13. Rental car reservation done…pics tomorrow. :cool:

14. Tell the guys to visit Broadbeach, Burleigh or Rainbow Beach for a better (less tourist trap) beach experience. Better food too. All accessible by bus.

Outback, chryslerfan55, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  15. They are actually going out on a boat with one of the guys we are visiting here for business. I’m sure they will have a good time as well. Sounds like they are stocking up on beer for the ride.

16. SS327

SS327

A thee hour tour, a three hour tour. The weather started getting rough the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew the Minnow would be lost. The Minnow would be lost.

Outback, 49ratfink, deadbeat and 3 others like this.
  17. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

We went to England last year and rented a car. Thank God I found an automatic! (OK, I'm a pansy!) Those multi lane roundabouts really kicked my butt! I drove 1,500 miles in 9 days, and didn't wreck the car, although there was one guy in a contractor's truck who I seriously ticked off on an "M". something about being in the wrong lane and my driving too slow! I'm such a Hot Rodder! Have fun down there!

18. Livin the ruff life I see

Outback, Lil32, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  19. noboD

noboD

I was recently with a Kiwi. I asked him why they don't like Australia. His answer was they have no problem with Australia it's just it's filled with Aussies.

20. They're just jealous of each others sheep!

21. hrm2k

hrm2k

Too bad you aren’t there around Christmas so you could enjoy The Grandview Hotel Party in Cleveland. A true adventure.

22. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, go to Yamba. I'm pretty sure I can see shark fins in that water;).

23. Kiwis are incredibly patriotic...and that includes the 16 to 18% of the NZ population that actually lives permanently in Australia.:rolleyes:

Outback, deadbeat, Tman and 1 other person like this.
  24. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Patriotic! is that another word for Apathetic?

NZ and Australia go to war every year [called the Bledisloe Cup]
    upload_2023-11-11_10-6-46.png

@guthriesmith enjoy your stay there, and try and warm yourself to Aussie humour . The Aussie's have the best sense of humour in the world .

Outback, hrm2k, alanp561 and 3 others like this.
  25. The sense of humor is definitely great! I told someone the other day that I am not sure I have met one serious person yet. ;)

26. And most of the Australian population don't even know what that is.:rolleyes:
    (I do, but I'm a minority due to geography and circumstance)

27. twenty8

twenty8

It helps us tolerate the nieghbours..........:D

Outback, hrm2k, deadbeat and 2 others like this.
  28. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

o_OWhat? Crocodile Dundee is dead serious:eek:. If you see him in the Walkabout Creek Hotel, would you ask him for his autograph for me, thanks? ;) He's got to be somewhere close, after all, you're only on an island :rolleyes:.

29. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

Gee, at this rate you lot will claim ownership of pavlovas, lamingtons, Pharlap and Russell Crowe again :D

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach an Aussie to fish and he will sit around in a boat drinking beer all day.

Cheers,
    Harv

Outback, chryslerfan55, hrm2k and 5 others like this.
  30. twenty8

twenty8

Well guys, I think @guthriesmith must be having a real good time without us.
    No pics or anything........