Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods bonneville question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henry-ford-clinic, Nov 23, 2014.

1. henry-ford-clinic

henry-ford-clinic
    from england

before we start, I am a green-horn, please don't shoot me down! I was wondering why there are no heavily whacked coupes running at bonnie, when I say whacked, I mean really whacked hard like the so-cal/pierson 33-34's ? is there not a class that allows such cars to run these days even if they would not be competitive in that class because they had to run against much more slippery shapes?.. what I am really asking is, could someone chop the hell out of a 33-34 three window (not a 3" beauty chop), open up the windshield header area and run it at bonnie in this day and age? thanks guys.

2. I'm sure there are still classes for the extreme chops,I have seen photo's pop up occasionally in some of the threads posted here. HRP

3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

There are limitations on chops in the rule book. Different classes have different restrictions. You may occasionally see a radical chop but that does not mean that it is legal for a record.

John

4. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

You could run it time only.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Cars such as that still run on the salt and at El Mirage. Roy Creel runs one. They are legal, just not real competitive.

6. 55chevr

55chevr

Competition Coupe & Sedan rules;
    Minimum vertical windshield height 5" measured in the center. Front and rear chop must be equal. Roof contour cannot be altered. The Chrisman coupe would not be legal today.

7. firingorder1

firingorder1

Times have changed.

Clean white shirt...check, wristwatch......check, leather helmet.....check, Lets race. Yup. Times have changed.

[​IMG]