Register now to get rid of these ads!

Browns Metal Mods T sneak peek

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brownsmetal, Dec 20, 2008.

1. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

2. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

That thing is lookig great! Lets see some more pictures

3. nice! more pix please!

4. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks Tracy, heres another.[​IMG]

5. Very nice please don't chop it.

6. I'm with Hot Rod Ron...hopin' you keep it like it is...bitchin'

7. sure

sure
    from indy

with the absolute ridiculous amounts of detail that the brown boys puts into their cars this one will no doubt be stellar..

8. Gary will you finish the car? What is the rest of the plan for the car? LOOKS GREAT BY THE WAY.

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

looks like a great start

10. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thanks all. This car started as something to throw together and sell. The more I worked on it the more I have grown to love it, so yes I will be finishing it. It is kind of evolving. I had the firewall floors and inner structure all done once and cut it all out to transpoant the blower motor and t-5. Two steps forward three back ya know. No chop! 32 tank on the back. T rad shell. not sure on the headers/exhaust , maybe 4 into 2 on each side all the way out the back under the car. Maybe Black paint with a black verigated leaf body line. The eight inch will get a 3.55 gear and chromo axles with a spool and the t-5 will get an aftermarket gearset.

11. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Like he said! Great lookin' ''T'', Killer motor!:D

12. RichG

RichG

That is going to be so wicked! Keep us posted with build pics, they help us beginners know what to look for. Thanks.

13. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Nice work, I'd like to see some pic's of the rear chassis and suspension please.

14. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

15. Wow, probably one of the coolest ts ever built. Way to show how you can build a low car without channelling it!!!!

16. model-a-fan

model-a-fan
    from Kentucky

I want to go this direction on the 29 I just bought. (low and unchopped) Isn't channeled is it? Frame details/ pic.'s PLEASE!

17. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Absolutely stunning! I'm with those who say 'no chop'. Whatever you decide, it will be great.

18. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

WOW! I can't wait to see it finished. You never fail to put out some killer stuff Gary.

19. Terry

Terry

Absolutely perfect! The stance, the feel, perfect.

20. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that might be the best looking T sedan I have seen. it has the right proportions.

21. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks really good, I think it needs a little haircut, though. But whatever you do, I'm sure it's going to be awesome.

22. ratster

ratster

looks great chopped or not it will be top notch

23. Hakoval Traedz

Hakoval Traedz

Love the cowl detail for pitman clearance.

24. Plowboy

Plowboy

Cool Gary! I concurr, that's sweet now lot it is without channelling it to hell. What is the rear suspention setup??

25. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Thank you for all the positive response. Unfortunately I am terrible about taking pictures as things progress. The chassis is an old fabricated 32. Yes it has the reveal in the side. I traced the bottom of the car onto a piece of luan and recontured the rails to that pattern. The frame is kicked up in the back then brought back down to correct 32 rear rail profile and width. Kick me in the nuts its got coilovers. I might have a pic that shows the rear suspension. The top of the rails the legth of the body have 2 inchs removed to give the look of a 2 inch channel. I personally think the side profile of 32 rails is way too tall.4 inchs looks better to me.

26. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

If you look hard you can kinda see whats going on. 1 3/4 " 1/4 wall tubing bottom links triangulated. Share a common mounting point on the front. Top links are swedged tubing. This setup gives tons of room for rear floor boards. I think 1/4 wall will combat the upward forces created by the pinion lift. The only thing I might have a problem with is the lower bars wanting to roll inward on the clutch dump. Front is mounted with a 3 inch wide urethane bushed tube on each link. Still need to do the panhard.[​IMG]

27. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Killer T gary, dont chop it ........................:)

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

Is the cowl recessed at the steering arm? That's a neat mod.

29. brownsmetal

brownsmetal

Yes the cowl is clearanced for pitman arm. The T cowl tapers in very quick. I would have had to have had the pitman arm way out from the body to get it to clear. Most guys that cowl steer a T do it this way.

30. brownsmetal

brownsmetal