Register now to get rid of these ads!

California DMV Backfees!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gruizer54, Mar 8, 2012.

1. trucks11

trucks11

I had to pay $900 in back fees for a dirtbike I bought!!!
    I was pissed about that one!

2. plan9

plan9

EarlKann - thanks for reporting back with your experience. I think I'll give them a call as well.

3. EarlKann

EarlKann

If the seller doesn't have current registration paperwork (not just a sticker on the plate) I ALWAYS check first. There is a calculator on the DMV website.

http://dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/index.jsp

It doesn't always work, if there is a transaction in process you don't get any results, but always worth checking. You can actually call the DMV though if the web calculator doesn't work.

Key is that the wavier of fees under the historical vehicle code only works on stuff that is 25-years old or older.

4. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Hmm, the two I go to in Sonoma County and the one in Ukiah don't have a CHP office next door. :rolleyes:

5. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

This is only one of the reasons I will never live in CA again. 40 and 50 it was ok

6. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

My friend complains about all his cars because he does not use them but never goes non op. I have three cars on non op and never an issue. I told him to not be so lazy, non op them and be done and stop complaining. Its not California, its the owners