Register now to get rid of these ads!

History cops and rodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53vicky, Jun 16, 2011.

1. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

My friends dad owns a 1971 Plymouth Cuda' 440 Six Pack. He and his son (my friend) were driving it on the highway one night. They were going 146mph for nearly 10 minutes (surprised it didnt run out of fuel) and the highway was deserted. A cop sees them coming from a good distance away because of the highway lights and turns on his lights waiting for the Cuda' to pass. Well my friends dad slows down as soon as he spots the cop, takes some time coming from that speed but is eventually able to pull over. The cop walks up and starts talking to my friends dad asking all sorts of questions about the car. The cop asks for all the identification etc. and then he tells my friends dad that he can arrest him for going that fast but he will make him a deal. If my friends dad lets him come by that weekend and take the car around for a drive he will let him off. My friends dad quickly agrees and sure enough that weekend I am over at his house when the cop stops by (must have been after work) and took the car for a good hour long drive with my friends dad.

On a side note about my own car, I got pulled over once by a cop and I was trying to figure out what the hell I did to be pulled over. The cop walks up, Im ready with my license and insurance. I shake his hand like I do with every cop and introduce myself and start to hand him the ID. He says "No I dont need those, I was just pulling over to tell you thats a beautiful car. I had one just like it back in 1971." He goes on to tell me his life with the car for about 5 minutes and then tells me goodbye and left. Im still not sure today if that guy was cool or just a prick.

2. busguy71

busguy71

dont matter how rude he was, you got off with nothing, so just "yes sir" your way out of it next time and keep having fun.... in a different small town.

3. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Me: "I do something wrong?"
    Cop: Na, just wondering who did your paint and who made those wheels? Those Americans? What ya got under the hood? I've got a 67 I'm starting on with my old man...

If that ain't bored, I don't know what is.