Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. von zipper

von zipper

That's why I don't park on my street! They gotta drive into my backyard to get mine!! Seen it a few times on my block! Including a hit and run at 2:00 am!

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's a very narrow turn-of-the-last century street in a very nicely restored Bungalow historic district. I've lived here 25 years now, and have always had a car in street in front of the house and never had a problem until April 14th when Judy's Honda got crunched... I promised her that while she was in Hong Kong this time I wouldn't put her car on the street.... Who'd a thunk two drunks that close together?

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was heading out the door for my local cruise night just as I read Chips post, the VERY first car I saw when I pulled in was this. So this ones for you Chip. It had a T-5 in it, so I will go out on a limb and guess that it probably has a 5.0 in it.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  4. NeonGodzilla

NeonGodzilla

Here's a picture of my 69

Revernd Paul

Attached Files:

BLUSHU likes this.
  5. Dude, it ain't no thing...it took me a year ta' figure out there were two Falcon threads...couldn't find my posts, even with my glasses on.

I don't think my old car will ever be done. :rolleyes:

Hey Chip, did they haul the drunken PT Cruiser scum away in handcuffs to get acquainted with her new girlfriend?

6. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That's neat!

7. NeonGodzilla

NeonGodzilla

Thanks! It's not a bad little driver getting 22-23 mpg. I have $1100 in the whole thing.

Revernd Paul

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks George, you nailed it with that one! It's even a '62 62C car like my coupe.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^Soon as I saw it,I thought of you. The color is actually better in person, more of a deeper cranberry red than shows here. I should stay the hell off this thread, every time I open it, I start jonesing for another '65 ht. Cripes thats the LAST thing I need!:eek:

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I shot another photo of the same car at the Ocean Park show yesterday. Its on my photo thread for the show, but figured I'd add it here. I really like this car. If it were mine, I'd probably want Cragars on it, but these wheels really do work pretty well here. On alot of cars, they really look out of place, but they do fit well on this. Nice car.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

11. falconeer

falconeer

well I respectfully disagree, the salt flats in that little 63 are out standing. the next choice would be tq thrust IIs. Just my opinion for what its worth.

Butch Evans(Falconeer)
    Thomasville NC

12. I agree. HRP

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I gotta third that one, but make mine full polish like the set I've had on the Plymouth for the last decade....

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

19. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Last night my buddy madscience shared this awesome video from Bangshift of a '64 hardtop tearing up a vintage rally course. Very cool stuff, especially if you're a fan of Minilite wheels as recently mentioned on the "doing right" thread.

20. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I hit the wrecking yard today to try and get a donor wiper motor for my '63 Falcon. I did a search on Google, and found that the '73-'79 F150 trucks used a wiper motor that could be a good donor, so I found a '73 that still had the 2 speed wiper motor on it. I had to pull the switch also, as the wiring and switch are all hard wired into the motor.
    Once I got it home I quickly realized the brackets were different, as was the mounting bolt pattern on the motor. But the strange part is my '63 bracket is drilled for both patterns! I just removed the rubber grommets and relocated them to the matching pattern, and bolted the new motor on using the longer screws from the truck. I also made up a ground jumper to ground the new motor to the bracket, so it would work with the insulators. I also swapped the arm from my old motor, and mounted it 180 degrees off from the F150 arm to work.
    After I bolted the new motor in place, I removed the wiper arms and blades. Then I tested the wipers to make sure they worked and parked. I replaced the arms and tested it again. Works great, and I have two speed wipers now. Much better than single speed, or no wipers like mine had, since the old motor had quit! And the F150 wiper motor and switch was only $10 at the wrecking yard!
    If I could have found a later '78-'79, I think they have the intermittent control, and I'd have gone that route, but none in the yard that weren't robbed already.

falcongeorge likes this.
  21. Falcondad

Falcondad
    from Tracy CA

Love seeing all these build. Had a 66 falcon in high school and am now working on a 1961 and 1960 ford falcon 2 door sedan. Both I got for 150 bucks. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382137712.063911.jpg . Here is the 61 when I got it. Guy was starting a restoration and found out e had a baby coming. And now it sits like this. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382137806.190161.jpg it's getting tubed and blown with a big block ford. Building this one like I've always wants to but couldn't. And this is my 1960. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382137869.794136.jpg getting a custom job building this one as the family cruiser and daughters car for when she gets older. Going full 60's custom with it. I'll post more pics of them later. Putting the 61 on the back burner toget the family cruiser done.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  22. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Put the line lock in my '63 today. Dropping the clutch in the water box and running out 60' to heat the tires is pretty hard on drivetrain, so hopefully this will allow me to heat the tires by using 2nd gear on the 4 speed and sitting still. :)

23. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Building a 60 falcon custom for th missus , quad lights, tunneled taillights, 4 bucket seats and full length consul etc, well that's the plan. I must of looked at 60-70 pages here , a few here and a few there but I haven't seen anything wild yet. Apart from stockers, slam jobs, de chroming and race bred cars.

Did I miss seeing something cool, built during the 60's angel hair period??.

24. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

1963 Falcon 2 door with 56k original miles on it. We are building a "Clone" road racer, so far this is the work that has been done.*

Maverick 8" rear end, CSRP Granada disc brakes, Open Tracker-standard upper/lower control arms, roller bearing spring perches, roller idler arm, 1" sway bar, 1965 Falcon centerlink, relocated upper control arm (Shelby drop), rolling on 90's Crown Vic steel wheels, with Falken 205/50R/15s. Interior is super nice and original, front seat bottom is worn out but have complete new interior (seats). The door panels are perfect except the driver door has a small tear but not bad. NO RUST ANYWHERE...a little surface rust but super light. All trim in place and good condition....trunk still has original mat in super great condition. Trans works great, 170ci 6 cylinder runs but has a few knocks....most likely lower end crank bearings. This little Falcon handles great with all the suspension upgrades. It is begging for a nice little 302 and T-5...or a built up 6 maybe with a fat side draft Weber!

Opinions? Ideas? 2 cents? Care to poke the bear?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

doc's likes this.
  25. I'll give it a poke- although I'm a SBF V-8 fan, I think the idea a built I-6 with a Weber, a header, some head work and a cam is cool, too, but that kinda' negates the late model manual trans without an adapter of some sort.

Nice Falcon. I'm partial to white '63 2 door sedans.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  26. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

How late is late model? A late 200 or any 250 will take a 5.0 bellhousing - and therefore a T5. Or the '67-'79 170 / 200 bellhousing will accept an SROD, "Imposter" Toploader 3+1 or regular Toploader.

That one is already so well set up to accept a V8, though, I think that's the route I'd take.

27. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An early Econoline bell, behind a 144/170, or early dual pattern 200, and an adapter will mount-up an S10 T5, with just a little flywheel machining, that any shop can do.

28. I vote 200 or 250.

29. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Any one know what the largest size and offset wheel will fit stock wheel wells in a 62 with a 57 Ford 9 inch. Thinking I am going to have to have some custom made. Car is on back burner till I finish another project and would like to get these ordered.

30. doc's

doc's

Nice build....right up my alley!!