Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford falcon hubcap adaptors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panel Dan, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Panel Dan

Panel Dan
    from Melbourne

Hi folks, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if there is a company or method that allows installation of 14" full wheel hubcaps to larger steel wheels.
    I have an idea about fitting stock falcon wheel covers to 15" or 16" steelies so I can run a lower profile modern tyre on the old falcon?

Cheers!

2. 63comet

63comet

No answers, but I'm pondering the plan of cutting the centers out if some plain wheel covers if some sort so I can run my 13" covers on 15" wheels. Might work?

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, one way I can think of to do this is to grab a set of flatish trim rings that fit your chosen wheels. Gut the wheel covers that you would like to use to the point where they are just the outer skins and attach them to the trim rings. Snap the trim ring/cap on and your done...

4. Panel Dan

Panel Dan
    from Melbourne

This is will work. Good idea... Next question is where's a good place to get stainless steel trim rings? Most places just sell trashy looking chromed ones...

5. Willy301

Willy301

Wheel vintiques trim rings are all stainless, if I am not mistaken

6. Panel Dan

Panel Dan
    from Melbourne

Cheers for the help so far, I'll post updates as I get further.
    The caps I want to use are stainless steel so I've been taking measurements on them this afternoon running with the idea of TIG welding them into some 15" trim rings.
    I'll post photos as it develops.