Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Ford Thunderbolts Photos Wanted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Troublemaker427, Oct 11, 2006.

1. No but Ilene Daniels is involved from NHRA's side of things. It does appear that NHRA has dropped the ball promoting this part of the event though. There was one line in National Dragster a few weeks ago about it. That is all I've seen regarding it in print. It is happening and there will be many people involved with Ford's drag racing program there along with some very good cars!!:D

2. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

Dennis, Thanks for the info on the aluminum front bumper mounting. On some cars it looks like the entire lower panel was removed for mounting the bumper. Here are a few original and restored cars I can find with low mounted front bumpers.

Original photos with low bumpers;

Courtesy Ford driven by Marv Youngman
    Jim Skinner Ford driven by John Donilson
    Engine and Foundry car driven by Larry Kovoch

Restored cars with low bumpers;

Pulliam Ford
    Collins Motor Sales
    Webster Motor Sales

3. W.T.

W.T.
    from CT

Having recently joined this forum, related to T'Bolt photos, I was very impressed with the warm welcome and response I received from the members. C Ya.

4. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Do you know what " Stars and Cars " will be attending

5. Rumor is a fellow named Gaspar may be coming and at least one of his former cars will be there. A guy named Philip and at least one of his rides will be there too. There is a few others going also and at least two T-bolts that I know of....:D

6. Kentuckian

Kentuckian

If some of you Hamber's show up at the Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion to see the Ford Council racers, come on down to the scale area and say "Hi" as I will be working tech. Just ask for Travis Miller. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you T-Bolt fans.

7. mercuryjunky

mercuryjunky
    from arvada,co

Hope your not too hard on the Comet and Falcon A/FX guys.Looking forward to saying Hi.First time down there and that part of the country.Both my Dad And I will be rolling through Tech. Ken

[​IMG]

8. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I can wait till the Bowling Green meet. The pics of Beech Bend being flooded made me wonder if it was still going on.

9. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Kool........Ronda and Bonner

10. You are correct....

11. tboltman

tboltman
    from Dayton, Wa

Looking for pics of the 1964 T-Bolts (2) sponsered by Downey Ford of Downey,Ca. They were for sale on their used car lot the summer of 1965, your choice $3000!!!! I had just bought a 65 GTO with a dealer installed 421 tri-power and was flat broke. Anyway 45 years later I have 2 recreation 64's, one show car, one project race car I want to make into the Downey Ford T-Bolt I could have had (if I robbed a bank). Any info/pics I would be grateful, thanks

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  12. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Look through this thread. Pics and info are here already. BTW There was only ONE 65 T-Bolt that was driven and wrenced by Darrell Droke sponsored by Downey Ford. It was a DST car like the 64's. In 66 They sponsored his long nose Mustang.

13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Sorry I forgot. Look around pages 19, 37-38 for starters

14. tboltman

tboltman
    from Dayton, Wa

6t5frlane, sorry for the confusion, the cars on the lot were 64's (one automatic for sure and the other one could have been a 4-speed car) the one I saw at Pomona was a 65 in the fall of that year. I have looked at all 93 pages and could not find anything on the Downey Ford sponsered 64 T-Bolts. I still need info/pics on the these cars if someone has anything, thanks

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  15. zrxlover

zrxlover

I have a friend of mine that is building a clone. It is a 63-66 Fairlane, he bought a original 427 and two cross ram intakes. I don't know if he is going to complete this build or not? He has the tear drop hood on it, special headers that I haven't seen before? They cross over from one side to the other?It runs great, he had it ,the motor checked, internals and everything. If anyone is interested, E-mail me and I will contact him.

16. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

No Problem T-Bolt man. I will ask some of my " old friends " and get back to you. Were they lettered up with Downey Ford on them ?

17. tboltman

tboltman
    from Dayton, Wa

Thanks, yes the cars were lettered up, I can't remember if the Downey Ford was on the doors or below the side trim on the rear quarters. The drivers names were on the doors above the trim but I can't remember whos name was on them. (don't get old)!!!!!!!!!. Thanks again

18. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

The four speed car was most likely the former M/T - Butch Leal #7 car, as it went to Droke after Leal had to turn it in at the end of the 64 season. The automatic car I think was the one that Hoeffer had after the 64 season. One of the guys that I raced with looked at buying it from him and I recall it was an automatic car. Unfortunately, I have no photos of either.

Regards,
    Dennis

19. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

For Analog Dog - Steve:

Regards,
    Dennis

Attached Files:

20. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Thanks! What's the story on this car?I know it's #10 of 11 DST Thunderbolts,and it's a M/T car with a hemi and Jess Tyree drove it.I'd like to hear the whole story about this Thunderbolt.

21. tboltman

tboltman
    from Dayton, Wa

Any pics of the Downey Ford T-Bolts?

22. Dennis K.

Dennis K.
    from Detroit MI

The original car had the M/T hemi heads installed, but didn't exactly set the world on fire. Pro Stock Paul owned the car in the mid 70's and advertised it for sale. It went to WY for a while then back to CA and changed owners at least twice. During that period it went through what I would call an "extensive restoration", then changed ownership numerous times after that.

Do you own this car or have any interests in it?

Regards,
    Dennis

23. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

Found some pictures of the restored car on Woodys Fairline Site.I'm still looking for historical pictures of the original car.I hear the car is now in the Vancouver area.

24. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Post'em...keep the thread going. I'm out of material.

25. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

I think this was back in 2003.I added a old picture of the Flash.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  26. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

27. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

The M/T car is no longer in the Vancouver (BC, Canada) area. It has been gone for a couple years now. Same owner also had the #88 T-bolt and the Larson Ford A/FX 65 Mustang. All 3 cars are not in this area anymore. Both the Larson Ford Mustang and M/T T-bolt were sold on ebay through Blue Oval Ranch.

If I remember correctly, the t-bolt was listed many times before getting sold. Everytime it was listed, more info about the car and restoration was revealed and the price dropped. I think it finally sold for $200K ?

28. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

I saw in Hemmings that it was up for auction.High bid was $200,000.00 but didn't sell on the first day.Don't know what happened on the following days of the auction.

Attached Files:

29. Analog Dog

Analog Dog
    from Utah

What was revealed about the car that brought the price down?

30. John1964

John1964
    from BC, Canada

As Dennis K. mentioned in post #1858, the car went through an "extensive restoration" ;)