Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuselage C body

Discussion in 'Off Topic Hot Rods & Customs' started by 69fury, Sep 19, 2024 at 12:41 PM.

1. 69fury

69fury

I've never posted in the O/T forum before, but here's my 1969 Plymouth Fury II 2 door formal roof sedan. I also had a clean 69 2 door hard top, for parts, but was too nice to part out. I wish i'd kept them both.

The car originally had a 318/904 with 2.76 gears in the 8 3/4 rear. It was on five window slotted mags when I first bough it and a buddy made me a great deal on big and littles with sticky rubber.

I fell in love with the look of the beast, especially that crazy concave/convex rear glass. No A/C from factory, AM radio was only option aside from power steering, as it had manual 4 wheel drums. I put a 360, bored and stroked to 414, with 10.125:1 forged Wisecos on Eagle rods with a Mopar 4 inch steel crank, Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake, and RPM heads with Indy Cylinder Head rockers moved by a 292degree, .509" purple cam.

A Holley 850 double pumper with 50cc pumps and super crispy tune cost me a dollar at Every. Damned. Stop sign. But it made 480hp and 520lbft.

I put a 3800 stall Coan converter in the 904 with a Cheetah VB, 4.2 apply lever, removed the accumulator spring, and upped the pressure.

I swapped 2.76 axle out and put in the 3.23 from the 2 dr hardtop but I welded the spiders together first (Lincoln locker, hah!). The sticky MT ET Streets were 28/12.50s and fit in the stock wheel wells like a glove.

Looking so huge, and being so empty/built like a beer can, she surprised alot of local mustangs, both old and new...She won a lot more streetlight slugfests than she lost.
    Wish i'd never sold her, but she was too crusty/rusty for my skillset and wallet.

I sold the pair of Furys off but kept the power train, which is now in my 60 Falcon straight axle gasser resurrection-switching to a 4 speed instead of the Clutchflite I was saving.

The THUG license plate was mine for several years until Kansas determined it was offensive and banned it. What a buncha horse shi+ that was...
    THUG.jpg

-rick

2. Love the beefy Mopars!
    Sounds like yours really hauled the mail. Hope you don't mind a pic of the movie Fury, I believe it's a '73.
    upload_2024-9-19_17-40-3.jpeg

41 GMC K-18 likes this.
  3. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was the crazy guy from Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, with a trunk full of rabbits!

chevy57dude likes this.
  4. Racingsnake

Racingsnake
    from So Cal

IMG_2939.jpeg Love the fuselage cars, here's a '70 New Yorker hardtop I had recently

Attached Files: