Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hi Guys and Gals, my name is Carmelo and l need help

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Carmelo Caraballo, Sep 17, 2024 at 10:11 AM.

1. Carmelo Caraballo

Carmelo Caraballo

l want to start by saying you guys are awesome,l find myself in a predicament at this time for not having the right information and l need help.l will start by saying l bought a 1955 Ford Courior or sedan delivery a while back it was bought with no drivetrain as a roller l never really took the time to really look at it from bumper to bumper l really like the design and the way it looked that l bought it on the spot l know now l really paid too much for it in it's presnt condition and l cannot blame nobody but myself for not doing the research on it at the time l have no regrets just disapointed in myself for not actually taking a good look at it......fast forward l bought years ago from an old gearhead a drivetrain that was sold to me as a 1980s Ford Mustang Mclaren EFI 5.0 motor with an AOD automatic transmission l stored the drivetrain in a storage facility l was told it had a little over 90,000 miles l since moved to a few diffrent locations l finally got a chance to pull the engine out of my shed and l checked the serial number on the block behind the starter this is what l found 24 E6SE BA turns out it is a 1986 Ford Thunderbird engine which is said to be a roller motor l want to install this drivetrain in the 55 because l want a nice cruiser not looking to build a 7 second door slammer just something l can drive and enjoy from the spring to the fall.....small block ford automatic air conditioned.Now l want to convert it to carburator l know EFI is the way to go but don't have the funds to do it at this time so l have to do it the simplest way possible so that it can be driven.l know l have to convert the rear sump to a front sump l bought the oil pan and the oil tube for the front sump is on it's way l bought a Melling 68S now l also bought 1965 HI PO 289 motor mounts l have an Edelbrock F4B intake a Holley 600 cfm carb a pair of chrome equal length headers l need to find out which distributor l need to convert from EFI to carburated and my biggest confusion is that l have to replace the front timing chain cover so that l can check the motor oil due to the swap from rear sump to front sump......this is were l am lost the engine is a 1986 5.0 which is basically a 289,302 the oil tube is on the driverside rear of the block now it has to go on the front which timing chain cover do l need???l see 1965 to 1980 non EFI then l see 1979 to 1995 EFl l need to know which one is the right one to buy also which water pump do l need and l know l have to ditch the sepentine pulleys for the old style pulleys does someone sell these pulleys as a set?or can l get them at a salvage yard with the brackets needed to complete the install?Also l want to know how do l convert my 6Volt to a 12 Volt conversion l really want to get this going so l can enjoy it l am a 63 year old trying to get my bucket list started l don't want to be that guy who past and never completed his project any help ideas directions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.