Register now to get rid of these ads!

Holley Double Pumper

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddio211, Sep 12, 2011.

1. X2

I wonder if the pump isn't too far forward, away from the tank.. the problem happens when heat is introduced. My guess, w/o seeing the pump location.

2. daddio211

daddio211

Well I screwed with it a little here, little there over the past 2 weeks. Even put my AFB on to see if things improved. Waste of time, as it needed a rebuild bad. I have the AFB kit on my shelf, but thought I'd stick with the basics.

The seat threads on the bowl were stripped, so I had to locate another front bowl. Bought a rebuild kit and tore into it. It was a lot simpler than I expected.

I had some trial and error like forgetting the spring under the accelerator pump and figuring out my high idle was from not putting the return spring on! But I learned how to tune it from the instruction sheet and the truck now runs like a raped ape! After fumbling with the tuning for a bit I took off through the neighborhood down to the main street. Made the turn, got it straight and squeezed the pedal... Holy shit! Laid 100' of rubber and had to back off!

So now, just to be thorough, I bought carb filters, springs and grommets. I can't imagine why they don't come with the carb kit, but they don't. My old front filter appeared clean but the rear filter had some noticeable gunk in it. I could blow through them easily, but I know that doesn't necessarily mean fuel will flow easily.

So because I'm thorough, I tried running with both old and new filters. I wanted to be sure before claiming such a generous payout from Rocky. It wouldn't be fair if I didn't do a double blind taste test, and I just wouldn't feel right. So Rocky, please make that check out brother, and thank you! :D :B