Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jefferson Fall Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Terrible Tom, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Who is going? Planning on going on Friday, the 23rd. Are there plenty of vendors on Friday?
    Tom

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. I think Friday is the best day to go, although it seems to be more crowded on Sat. I like to get there early and walk the grounds as people are setting up. I missed the spring one this year, ( because I was Getting my 29 ready for paint ) thats the only Jefferson swap meet I've missed in the last 11 years. I like Jefferson, although I think there is way to much rummage sale shit. Good time though, I'll be there both days.

3. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I will be there with my Dad !! Cant wait we will be looking for a wagon or project !!

4. oldblue53

oldblue53

Petrie and I are going.

5. Tin Can

Tin Can

I will be there Friday

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

The worst thing about moving to AZ 8 years ago is missing Jefferson. No swaps out here that even compare. I have been back for 2 of them the whole time I have lived here. Damn, I am jealous of you guys that are going.

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I will be there all three days, of course. I need a bunch of parts for the Henry J project and will have at least a couple of cars in the car corral. The car corral will be "swap meet headquarters" for me. We park by the shelter on the South end of the main corral, so stop in anytime.

Povertyflats and his brother-in-law from Kansas will be attending.

stop and say hello.

8. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Friday is the cool day to go as the vendors are setting up and not such a big crowd. Hope to meet a few of you.
    Hey Kerry67 you can be jealous of us going to Jefferson if we can be jealous of your temps in the 70's next February. LOL

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Looking forward to seeing Bobwop and all my friends from WI and IL !

10. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

I'll be at spaces WW121-122 all weekend 1963 1/2 Galaxie and 1962 Chrysler pieces.
    1950 Chrysler 250ci spitfire flathead 6 engine

Astrodome instrument cluster:
    [​IMG]

wall art??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. I'll be visiting the "Pie" booth...

12. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

What pie booth? Don't lie to me boy!!!

13. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

unsure if I am going Friday or Saturday

14. Oh... I'm sorry... that is during the Jefferson County Fair!!!!

Mmmmm... Mmmmm.... Good and great pie photo's!!!!!

15. x-shift

x-shift

Setting up Friday with some of the "No Club" guys. Our booth will be the one with the pile of empty PBR cans...

16. ...mite go Friday also, specially if there's pie,...where's the pie?

17. Look for Jeanne and I at our usual spots r-113-115 we will have my 32 roadster with us..along with a great selection of rod parts,Stop by and say Hey!! Looks like the weatherman is going to give us a forcast we can all enjoy!!

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am pleased that Kelly and Jeanne will be participating.

19. Thanks Bob this was a hard decison to make. We are actually heading down your way today to set up...

20. lol check the weather
    typical jefferson
    rain and 62
    tk

21. Sure wish I could attend this !!! >>>>.

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

why don't you ride along? Or will you be too busy mowing the lawn in front of your shop?

23. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Yes, that would be typical alright. Lol! It always rains and there is plenty of mud.
    Tom

24. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

you were invited to ride along--- AGAIN---and gave me perhaps the LAMEST excuse I have ever heard as to why you couldnt go.....

25. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the locals and the organizers are getting amped up. The forecast is for PERFECT weather this weekend. We are expecting a great crowd.

We hear the big vendors are setting up and expect to see many coming in tomorrow. My inside contact tells me they will be opening the gates early Friday morning.

I hope to see you there!

26. A couple of years ago they said gates open at 6:00 AM so I left my house at 4:00 AM and got there at 5:50 only to not be let in till 9:00 AM. A lot of pissed people that year. I hope they let us go in early this year. I am gonna make it a point to meet Bopwop and Poverty Flats this year.

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the opening on Friday is always a bit uncertain. I guess it depends on the weather and the mood of the organizers. I was told by one of the lieutenants that the gates will open early this year. But please don't hold ME to that. I will be there early.

on Saturday and Sunday the gates will be open at 6AAM.

I look forward to meeting oldschool 66 and Terrible Tom. Heck, we may already know each other!

28. hillsidehemi

hillsidehemi
    from WI

Says on the website spectator gate opens at 10am Friday, 6am Saturday and Sunday.

29. Terrible Tom

Terrible Tom

Oh man, I hope it's earlier than that. I have to get out of there by noon and head back to a meeting. I will try to look up you guys.
    Tom

30. chopt31

chopt31

Whats the forecast for friday? anything new?