Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A cowl assembly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot snot, Jul 17, 2012.

1. hot snot

hot snot

I need some help in assembling a Model A lower cowl, windshield frame section (the vertical piece that is bolted to the rear edge of the gas tank/cowl and has the door hinges on it) and the front section of the sub-frame. All three pieces converge down near the front corner of the floor board. I need to know the order of the placement of these parts that get fastened to each other. Or in other words, what is the order of stacking those three components. What fits on top of what? The body came to me in pieces and it appears that they could be assembled in various orders. One piece has square holes in it that implies that a carriage bolt was used to attach all of them together and anchoring them to the main frame. Thanks, HS

2. Vergil

Vergil

'28/'29 or '30/'31

3. TERPU

TERPU

The cheek panels and those braces go under the hoop piece the windshield goes on. The carriage squares go on top of everything. If you are assembling the whole front start at the front and stack from there. Put the gas tank on top of the cheek panels first it'll be alot easier. Remember to keep your fingers out of the way.

Tim

4. VSO737

VSO737

¿ Are you using body welting?................

LG,
    Mike

5. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Pic's always help...

6. hot snot

hot snot

Thanks for the help. So first I set the sub frame on top of the main frame, then I set the gas tank assembly with side cheeks on top of the sub frame and then I set the windshield frame (hoop with door hinges) on top of the gas tank assembly and bolt it all together with the carriage bolts. Right? By the way it is a 1929 and the body is currently not attached to the sub frame. Thanks again, HS