Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Seam sealer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JD Miller, Sep 16, 2024 at 1:04 PM.

1. JD Miller

JD Miller

Im doing some rust repair and , grinding, sanding, major repeat ospho treatments. Just shot some epoxy primer/sealer on some repaired area, door bottoms etc.

What is a good seam sealer product to use on seams, spot welded joints seams etc?

fauj likes this.
  2. I use Eastwoods. Quart can of gray brushable medium weight sealer.Dries tacky over night. A couple of warm days,and its dry,and semi flexible.

bill gruendeman and fauj like this.
  3. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

liquid nails, that if you want the best and longest lasting.. getting kinda expensive now with inflation...5 bucks a tube

4. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

5. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

6. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

everybody uses seam sealer, till they try liquid nails...

7. 2FORCEFULL

2FORCEFULL

Liquid Nails is a company that produces and sells adhesives for a variety of different tasks. For general purposes, their Heavy Duty or Fuze It adhesives are the most ideal.

Both of these are very strong adhesives that bond to anything other than polyethylene and polypropylene. It can even be used under any weather conditions without any issues.

Whether the surface it is being applied to is hot or cold, wet or dry, Liquid Nails adhesives bond strongly and quickly.

Liquid Nails adhesives have an extremely short bonding time. Right after being applied, it grabs to the surface within 15 seconds. And once it has bonded, it can withstand all kinds of harsh weather conditions.

All these properties make Liquid Nails adhesives an ideal and less pricey alternative to automotive seam sealers.

8. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

I’ve been very happy with this product.
    In fact I’m a big fan of all Sem products
    It’s professional quality, made in the USA, lays down nice. Goes directly onto metal to metal between seams as well as filling gaps and small voids. The work time is quick and I can paint over it in 24 hours. And it’s black so it virtually disappears or blends in with the undercoating.
    It’s almost $20 a tube but it’s the proper stuff for the job. I work on these cars professionally. call me a snob, but I’ll save the liquid nails for the plywood.

Use it directly out of the tube with a caulking gun, followed quickly behind with an acid brush to smooth out. Dip the brush in a cup with acetone and keep moving down the line.
    Blob some on some cardboard and use the brush to spread it around as needed.
    The Eastwood product mentioned above is also very good and I recommend that as well.
    IMG_4611.jpeg

2FORCEFULL, Just Gary and williebill like this.