Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So-Cal Speed Shop Open House 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SoCalCarCulture, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Thanks to those of you who commented on the pics, this was just an experiment posting them all this way but the interest doesn't seem to be there so you can find the rest at the site in my signature.

[​IMG]061314 So-Cal Speed Shop Open House 574 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr

2. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

great flicks! thanks for sharing Dave!

3. Thanks for posting, I use to go to this every year, then I moved to Missouri (it sucks here) and haven't been for 12 years. Makes me miss it even more, but it's the only way I can see everything at the moment.

4. daddylama

daddylama

thank you *very mucho* for the pics...

much like noted above, i used to go every year... but now i'm in rainy oregon and haven't made it to the so cal open house in maybe 8 years.

for what it's worth: i check out your site often

5. Thanks - I get up to Portland occasionally, lots of great car stuff up there!

6. There must be some activity around there?
    Glad you can see it this way.

7. Thanks!

8. daddylama

daddylama

it's not too bad up here as far as car stuff goes, but nothing like so-cal.
    surprisingly the motorcycle stuff is pretty good here, even compared to LA & San Diego... even with our weather.

9. The only really good event that I go to is the HAMB Drags, been to everyone. There's other events that are ok, but a lot of the dreaded Ratrod crap, and a lot of cars are stuck in the 70's. Tru spoke wheels, white letter tires, velour interior, and lots of graphics. I spent a year in Portland, and the car scene was great. A lot of old builds, and new traditional builds. Met a lot of great people there. Missouri has been full of disappointment. Everything any good is at least an hour away from where I live. Oh well, my choice to move here, and it will my choice when I leave.

10. Well, Sedalia isn't exactly the center of the hot rod universe, but you should hook up with the guys in KC, like Tim "T & A Flathead" and the other mooks up there. There's plenty going on up there, but it IS 90miles or so.

SoCal: Don't stop posting!

12. I was/ am enjoying this thread every day.
    I commented earlier that the great pictures just keep coming.
    I will check out the site in your sig.
    Thanks for the effort of sharing your pictures!