Register now to get rid of these ads!

So.....What was your first build???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themoose, Aug 30, 2013.

1. First car- first build- 1953 Ford- V-8 stick- was being used as a chicken coupe- so full of p--p- first chore was clean up- then the bad motor- rebuilt that flathead over the summer I was 14- did some body work- mostly bondo work not metal- used mom's electrolux to spot paint it- replaced chrome and glass as needed using junk yard parts-
    never did get good tires- had lots of flats over the 2 years I owned it- have a picture but couldn't locate it-

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

My first old car I got running was a 1950 Chrysler 8 pass sedan that I got off a neighbor,it came with a rebuilt motor which I installed and was the first car I put all new metal brake and fuel lines on. Never finished it but did fix the floors and redo the seats and door panels and drove it for about 20 years while building others.

3. OldColt

OldColt

1964 2 door Mercury Comet that was pretty high mileage and worn out when I got it around 1969. It got a lot of stuff upgraded if you can call that a "build".
    Rear diff carrier, shocks, springs, complete new motor built and swapped in, new paint and interior, wheels, tires, and a complete trans swap (Ford toploader 4 speed replacing an automatic) which required enlarging the floor tunnel and adding a clutch pedal, cross shaft etc.

--- Steve ---

4. jazz1

jazz1

My first was the OT pontiac in the garage,,among other things was replacing full floor pans which was enough of a PIA that I will never build another vehicle that does not have a full frame.

[​IMG]

5. Rocket88

Rocket88

My Olds is my first build.
    Started in 2001, on the road in 2012, I'm a little on the slow side......

6. May Pop

May Pop

In 76 I bought a 72 IH Scout 2wd that had been hit in the rear real hard. Straightened it with a hyd. jack and a High lift jack. Pop rivited a new quarter panel on it and a quick paint job. Then swapped in a 440 and 727 from a 69 or 70 GTX. Tons of fun delivering pizzas in it and street racing 6 nites a week. With snow tires on it it was a real sleeper.

Ron

7. teddyt

teddyt
    from U.S.

Model a coupe,........1995.