Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Some thoughts on the upcoming year.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chryslerfan55, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Budget36

Budget36

Man, that makes me think of Cheryl Crow? “Everyday is a brand new day…”

Edit: I screwed the pooch on the song name.
    Mercy.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
  2. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Unless the pandemic is officially over, we are going to be home bodies with plenty of retirement stuff to see and identify. Normally, we would be planning for a spring road trip, like we used to do in 2019 at the latest. Then another one in the late summer/early fall, when all of the kids are back in school and the roadways are relatively empty.

My wife had one request for another trip to the OKC area to actually see the places where her family lived. The last time we visited, she thought she could identify the houses where her family lived on and off during the early elementary school days. Speaking of which, we did find and rolled up to the very old building still standing.

Recently, we found a list of homes and addresses in a small shoebox along with some photos we had not seen from the time long ago. So, this time, we are armed with specific places in mind. One last time…

Jnaki

From that direction, a place in Colorado that we missed the first time we drove through, but looked interesting and then continuing up to Montana and Idaho. From there, if we are not dead or too tired to keep going West, we would come back through Nevada and the direction home.

By this time, we would have finished this portion, but as long as we were up in this region, there would be the possible destination of the favorite PNW and the San Juan Islands for one last time. Then, we would be in a direct line to head home along the coastline as our favorite road calls us again, Highway 1.

Until the whole pandemic is over and we are all not in harm's way, will we have the need to go visit other places. They will still be there, just a few months or years later. No hurry to get things done or go to places that will still be there after these trying times for all of us. YRMV

3. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

I keep waking up every morning, and that is good enough for me.:)

4. PhilA

PhilA
    1. Hydro Tech

I want to try put my garage back up, and beat the dents out of the Chieftain and the Fury.
    I want to finish up the trunk floor of the Fury, wheel that outside and start on a few of the spots of rust on the Chieftain- I was avoiding doing any bodywork to the car, but seeing as it got all beaten up in the storm, no time like the present.

Then, like every year, I'll somehow manage to miss Cruisin' The Coast. Again.

Phil

5. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There has been a '62 Rambler convertible on CL here....it might be too nice a piece of crap

6. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tease the pretty girls...
    Finish up the sheet metal work on the front fenders of the Cabriolet and paint
    I'm planning on some Oklahoma car events...driving there in the banger powered car I'm attending in.
    Colorado trips also in the mix
    RPM Nationals
    Bonneville
    Going to S Cal and Arizona the end of the month for a couple of months and see folks I haven't seen for two years
    Build some bangers including the engine in the '29 back together (bearings available in late January)
    Drop the front end more on the Vicky and do some painting
    Tease the homely girls....
    You asked....
    Oh, and I've got to remember I have to wash my hands now BEFORE I pick my nose....

7. 179.jpeg
    Thanks for asking.:) Hoping this year will be the same as years past. By living in the country I don't see the big crowds, so I still plan on driving the Hot Rods daily. Planning on attending Spring Carlisle, Fall Hershey, The Jalopyrama, Western Md. Rod roundup for sure. Also garage crawls to see friends. { Always FUN } I've had my covid shots. But I'll still keep my distance when around people. But my number One Thing to do is, just keep playing with the Grandkids , before they outgrow me in Maturity! Lol 315.jpg 185.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    bchctybob, Lil32, Hnstray and 10 others like this.
  8. squirrel

squirrel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't find that one. But I did find a different car on CL in Albq, that I might look into. Thanks.

9. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_20211210_081758215.jpg this one?

10. bubba55

bubba55

Well after screwing da pooch on my first paint job on da A coupe - looks like a lot of sanding just came back into my future - Sanding anyone?

chryslerfan55, Baumi and winduptoy like this.
  11. Hoping to actually get at least one project knocked out this year. My son really wants his 63 C10 finished up this year, so that is the plan. Otherwise, I am trying to stay focused on mainly spending time with my wife, 3 kids still at home, and my new grandson when I am not at work.

12. I had planned on finding a new project next year but due to our daughters accident and her medical bills have hit my play money hard, I will be content with my 2 running cars. HRP

13. squirrel

squirrel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The37Kid, chryslerfan55 and winduptoy like this.
  14. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Maybe this one for the CA August event? Seems to fit the piece of crap requirements. You could even sell ice cream along the way to help with expenses.:cool:
    https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/ontario-1964-international-metro-mite/7417864349.html 00p0p_kuQWoJvHYnoz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

15. Mike Lawless

Mike Lawless

We have pretty big plans for '22. I'm am going into partial retirement as of the first of the year. So, I will (hopefully) get my '65 F100 project on the road, maybe sell off my '12 Ram PU, and my '14 Triumph Bonneville. I'll keep the Harley till I die.
    Road trip in the spring from Central Cal to the east coast. It'll hopefully be the last road trip in the Ram. Civil war and Revolutionary battle sites are the focus. My hope is that Mt Vernon, Montecello, Independence Hall, etc., will be open for tours.
    My son, who I gave my drag race car to early this year, wants to run a series here in the west that sounds like a lot of fun, although the distance is big, to Oregon and far north California. I'm down for whatever he wants to do.

16. klawockvet

klawockvet
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm hoping for the return of the Hot Rod Hill Climb.

Bill's Auto Works and winduptoy like this.
  17. jim snow

jim snow

Some Assorted Nuts plan on being at the Custom Car Revival in June. Then maybe the tenth Race of Gentlemen in October. Snowman ⛄️

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Considering I didn't get the Cabriolet on the road until late last summer...I didn't get to put many miles on it, This year I'm gonna drive it until the tires are just nubs;).
    Also, I guess I'm going to have to add air...Bonnie won't let me put the top down:(...hair issues:eek: zx.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  19. Race it, Break it, Fix it. Repeat. Drive her on the street. Fire her up at some shows and make babies cry. :eek::D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  20. Get the’57 GMC lowered front and rear and decide what to do to the 270… hit some cruise- ins, cars and coffee in Nashville, spend time with the family.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  21. LOL I got an OT pickup on my trailer and an old beat up motorcycle (also OT here) that needs to go before I really get back to trying to screw an On topic hot rod together for myself.

So for the comming year. hmmmmnnnnnnn well there will be a couple of funerals for sure. I don't know who yet, hopefully not mine.

No real travel plans yet. I hopefully will get the truck running and my bike then try and build a rolling chassis for a hot rod. Not likely that the roller will be as finishes as I would like but its worth a try.

This is OT but I may go fishing if I get a chance. LOL

22. Budget36

Budget36

I don’t know you, but I think you’re to onery to go anytime soon.

23. Plans for 2022:
    Buy a house with a bigger garage.
    Finish the P-12 T by Jalopyrama
    Haul the P-12 T to Bonneville
    My oldest dughters wedding in Vegas in September
    Run the P-12 T at TROG
    10 day cruise to Nova Scotia
    Those are the big items. The wedding and the cruise are the only things set in stone.
    I am sure there will be the scattering of local shows like Mobtown Greaseball and the indoor nats...
    Pretty much just continue to live my life as usual.
    Chappy
    20211209_155034.jpg 20211209_154954.jpg

24. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Not making any plans, every time I do, something screws them up!

I do want to get a new driveshaft made for the Lincoln, as well as a set of Torque Thrusts and new tires. Not saying when, probably after tax time. May start on sanding the body and fixing a few rust spots, and may not, may just drive it like it is.

Hope to be able to fully retire sometime next year, still got a couple of bills to pay off first. Semi retirement working 3.5 days a week and off 3.5 days has been great, but still not enough home time to get what I need done.

Stay alive and in good health is the main concern.

25. visiting scrap yards and hitting cars with hammers.
    I don’t make plans. Just live

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021
  26. BDUB77

BDUB77

I’d like to have my roadster at the Old Northstate invitational, and get my elky running. But I’ve found myself busy restoring campers for my wife’s business. (Which is also pretty cool)

27. belair

belair

Sell my Nomad and get a daily driver wagon.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  28. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I am counting on the HAMB drags going on next year! Went this year….it was good….!
    Also get my shop back in order, started redoing it last winter, Summer happened, didn’t get it done! Going to try to get the 462 done for my avatar …..after getting the shop in order. And going to spend more time in the mountains (big hills , for you guys in the West). Going to celebrate my 10th wedding anniversary, hopefully in Hawaii! Oh and try to drink less and lose weight! Lol:rolleyes:

Bones

29. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Drink less wasn't in the scrip for me :D