Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Car I Always Wanted to Post

Discussion in 'Off Topic Hot Rods & Customs' started by Pocket Nick, May 7, 2024.

1. I have mentioned this car in other threads and gave clues as to what it was without actually revealing what its identity. Now that we have this place I can give some more detail.

I was the second owner of this 1968 Mercury Cougar. I found it in the classified section in 1999, a used car dealer called Wheels and Deals in San Bruno, CA was selling it for the proverbial little old lady who had bought it new. I remember her telling me that I needed to be careful since it had "a lot of power" (an entire almost 200 HP!). Drove it home in a downpour and the defogger didn't work well so the windows were quite steamy by the time I got back to Pacifica.

I drove it for a couple of years but the car at the time was beyond my ability to keep it running, would always blow power steering lines and have transmission issues. I sold it in late 2000 or early 2001. The guy that bought it painted it red and white with the red on the sides and white over the top of the hood, roof and decklid. Strange choice since it had the green/gold interior still. I would do vulgar acts of any sort to have this car back now. This is the only picture I have of it, it was Halloween and y co-worker Carrie and I were goofing off in the Safeway parking lot when we were supposed to be collecting shopping carts.

IMG_2712.jpeg

2. I remember Wheels and Deals, they always had some cool shit. That’s a nice car.

Sharpone and Pocket Nick like this.